First Timers and so many questions

RicoMari

As far as FTTF is concerned ... what you have is an early CHECK IN time, not boarding time. Boarding will happen in the following manner:

• Weddings
  • Diamond/Platinum
  • FTTF
  • Special Needs
  • General Boarding

So, you can see, you will still board earlier with FTTF, as well as a dedicated check-in line which will enable you to check in whenever you wish. Also, you will have your room ready when you board, rather than having to lug your things around with you until 1:30 when the rooms are released.

I agree with the other posters, you are way over thinking things. I did the same thing for my first cruise. RELAX!

Also, make sure that you check out your friends' stateroom. We been consistently downgrading our cabin choices, once we figured out that we really don't spend any time in our cabin and that the cabin really doesn't matter as long as we are on the ship. Seriously, we basically just shower and sleep there!

Edited by Schoifmom

"...and we are at the "top" of the category, so there is no where to go to upgrade unless we pay more. "

Not exactly sure what you mean by this? Just FYI, 7C are cove balconies. The rest of the balconies are "8's" The letter has to do with the location desirability. (as determined by Carnival, not all of us agree with their ranking). So your 8A really isn't , again by Carnivals definition, the top of the line. But you are correct , to "upgrade" will cost you more. I guess the question would be how much more?

I second the suggestion, call Carnival, see what is available and at what cost. You should be anticipation with joy your upcoming cruise not worrying about the room choice. Fix it now if it can and if not you will still have a great cruise and be a little bit wiser next time. And there will be a next time. Wishing you a memorable cruise.

What I meant by "top of the category" was that my understanding oh ES is that you cannot downgrade, only upgrade. For example, someone mentioned a cove balcony being great, and that it is a 7C. Am I correct that switching to a cove balcony is not an option? So, I could choose another cabin that is an 8A or higher ( and pay more). The aft-wrap was a 9C, I think. But, not available.... Thank you so much to everyone who has replied. Most of you have helped me relax and reassured me that the cabin, and the vacation, is going to be awesome!!

One more question...after reading that other post about a terrible time on Glory, and yes, I read every word, it made me think about the debit card/credit card issue. I have used my debit card to make payments FOR the cruise, but they won't have that info on file, will they? My plan was to set up the Sign and Sail with a CC before we even leave. Does that cover me for no surprises?

As far as FTTF is concerned ... what you have is an early CHECK IN time, not boarding time. Boarding will happen in the following manner:

• Weddings
  • Diamond/Platinum
  • FTTF
  • Special Needs
  • General Boarding

So, you can see, you will still board earlier with FTTF, as well as a dedicated check-in line which will enable you to check in whenever you wish. Also, you will have your room ready when you board, rather than having to lug your things around with you until 1:30 when the rooms are released.

I agree with the other posters, you are way over thinking things. I did the same thing for my first cruise. RELAX!

Also, make sure that you check out your friends' stateroom. We been consistently downgrading our cabin choices, once we figured out that we really don't spend any time in our cabin and that the cabin really doesn't matter as long as we are on the ship. Seriously, we basically just shower and sleep there!

Thank you!! Great clarification on the distinction of check in time vs. boarding time. You are the first person to explain it this way, or maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention. And I am going to take the advice to RELAX!!

What I meant by "top of the category" was that my understanding oh ES is that you cannot downgrade, only upgrade. For example, someone mentioned a cove balcony being great, and that it is a 7C. Am I correct that switching to a cove balcony is not an option? So, I could choose another cabin that is an 8A or higher ( and pay more). The aft-wrap was a 9C, I think. But, not available.... Thank you so much to everyone who has replied. Most of you have helped me relax and reassured me that the cabin, and the vacation, is going to be awesome!!

One more question...after reading that other post about a terrible time on Glory, and yes, I read every word, it made me think about the debit card/credit card issue. I have used my debit card to make payments FOR the cruise, but they won't have that info on file, will they? My plan was to set up the Sign and Sail with a CC before we even leave. Does that cover me for no surprises?

This you can easily fix. You can visit guest services on the day of your cruise and ensure that they switch your charges to a cc, or call carnival and do it over the phone.

You are right, the payment for the cruise itself and the Sign and Sail set up are completely independent of each other. No worries there!

Just checked the prices for balconies for 2 people on your cruise on the carnival website

8S $2428.00 8P $2388.00 8N $2308.00 8M $2288.00 8G $2268.00 8F $2248.00 8E $2228.00 8D $2208.00 8C $2168.00 8B $2138.00 8A $2138.00 7C $1998.00

Please tell me how to find this info, with category breakdowns like this. If this is accurate, I am owed a price reduction! Because our 8A was over $2600. When I do a "mock booking" to price check, it isn't any cheaper and our cabin is certainly nowhere near available for $2138.

We stayed in an L shaped room on deck 6 and it was great! We were also worried about being over the lounge. Some nights you could hear the bass beat but it always stopped around midnight or shortly after. By bedtime you'll be pretty pooped from all the sun, drinks, walking etc that the ship will hopefully rock you right to sleep.

The balcony was awesome. It's nice to have a lounger instead of just chairs. The room is next to the wrap rooms and we had a lovely couple that opened up the partition and welcomed us to use the whole thing. So even though we had a double balcony we ended up with one that stretched all the way to the back of the ship. It was incredible when pulling in and out of ports.

You wont miss the couch, especially since this is your first cruise. It's nice having the bed face the window too.

Enjoy...but be warned....you'll become a cruise addict like the rest of us.

I had exactly the same cabin on the Breeze (which is a sister ship to the Dream) this past December/January and it was awesome!! :D Ours was cabin number 6499 but is in exactly the same spot as yours. We did have a chair to sit on and the large balcony was great. We never heard a thing from the lounge down below, it was very quiet in the cabin. I'd book it again anytime!! :D Keep the cabin, go and have a blast on the cruise, you will be hooked like the rest of us!! :D

Thank you so much!! I am so glad I decided to post here - I was hesitant because I just felt like I had made poor choices and you all have been so encouraging and have made me very excited about this cruise!

Also, because of the prices that another poster shared on this thread, I did a little research of my own and submitted a price drop form - already got it approved and knocked $118.50 off the total due!:D THANK YOU!!!

One more clarification, in the name of full disclosure. I was not originally comparing apples to apples because the total dollar of my cruise included taxes, port charges and prepaid gratuities (which of course added a good bit) - so my apologies for not being clear about the actual price of the cruise.

We originally paid $1130 each and I just got a price drop to $1069 each (not counting all that other stuff) Feeling better and better about the whole trip.

Thanks again, for helping a newbie feel welcome and not stupid!:D

One more clarification, in the name of full disclosure. I was not originally comparing apples to apples because the total dollar of my cruise included taxes, port charges and prepaid gratuities (which of course added a good bit) - so my apologies for not being clear about the actual price of the cruise.

We originally paid $1130 each and I just got a price drop to $1069 each (not counting all that other stuff) Feeling better and better about the whole trip.

Your thread is an example of how people come together to help. I enjoy threads like this. Not like that other thread of that guy who came off the Glory who wrote the long post, most of those responders are not helping in anyway, just feeling privileged that they have a "submit reply" button entitling them to submit non-constructive responses. Poor lad.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I myself hope that you and your bf have a great cruise and I hope that you come back sharing your experiences here.

Keep checking those rates! They can change very fast! If you see any price drops, submit the form immediately. Every dollar helps! :cool:

Please tell me how to find this info, with category breakdowns like this. If this is accurate, I am owed a price reduction! Because our 8A was over $2600. When I do a "mock booking" to price check, it isn't any cheaper and our cabin is certainly nowhere near available for $2138.

go to carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

then type in the ship

date of sailing

number of passengers

cabin catagory ( interior, OV, balcony, suite)

go to carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

then type in the ship

date of sailing

number of passengers

cabin catagory ( interior, OV, balcony, suite)

there are also places to check your home state, over 55 status and if you are a past guest

-so I booked the L-shape, bigger balcony next to the wrap (6477) and it is a category 8A.

Also - we bought FTTF, but then got the earliest boarding time, so I am not sure we need it, plus (and ya'll are going to roast me when I tell you this - we are flying in to NO from Nashville on the day we embark, but it is an 8:00 a.m. flight that gets us to NO at like 9:30 - but we had no choice, due to the Essence Festival (google it, if you don't know) - there were no rooms in or near NO for less than $500 the night before our cruise....I'm just overwhelmed and I know that this experienced community of lovely people can please HELP!!!:confused:

Per Go Ccl your room will have a chair and coffee table:

6477 8A 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and large balcony

Balcony partition connects to: none

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, chair and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

I'd keep FTTF, unless you are strapped for $...your room should be ready when you board

I've flown in from NY to FLL and NY to MIA on the day of and neither were direct (6+ hour flights). While that was in my 20s and I was less risk-averse than I am now [emoji1] we did make both ships. It seems that the worst that will happen in your case is embarking later than your scheduled time.

Your main worry should be which ship to cruise on next! [emoji1] Have a great time and take notes to tell us all about it!

Edited by shenay

"Why don't you try calling them darlin" seriously? I can tell you my wife would correct you in a nano second if you used and endearment to a professional business woman.

Perhaps your wife wears the pants and perhaps shes a bit insecure as well !

Your thread is an example of how people come together to help. I enjoy threads like this. Not like that other thread of that guy who came off the Glory who wrote the long post, most of those responders are not helping in anyway, just feeling privileged that they have a "submit reply" button entitling them to submit non-constructive responses. Poor lad.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I myself hope that you and your bf have a great cruise and I hope that you come back sharing your experiences here.

This is so true. I am sure almost everyone remembers their first cruise and the many questions. I asked so many just to get the advice from others so I wouldn't feel totally in the dark and miss out on something. I still get great tips here. I look forward to hearing how the cruise was.

This is so true. I am sure almost everyone remembers their first cruise and the many questions. I asked so many just to get the advice from others so I wouldn't feel totally in the dark and miss out on something. I still get great tips here. I look forward to hearing how the cruise was.

I am still learning new things and we are Diamond on CCL and have sailed a few others too! I LOVE this place! :D;):p