Independence of the seas mattress

Hi what is the mattress like on independence are they hard, I have back issues and can't sleep on a hard mattress I use memory foam at home or should I take a topper with me but that's hassle but if my back goes my cruise is ruined

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had a hard mattress on our last cruise (not Indy) and mentioned it to the stateroom attendant. He didn't have any egg crate topper to give us, so he put a couple of blankets under the sheet. That helped somewhat, but it was still too hard. So he found another mattress and out that on top, which turned out OK. The point is, the stateroom attendant will do all they can to help.

Hi what is the mattress like on independence are they hard, I have back issues and can't sleep on a hard mattress I use memory foam at home or should I take a topper with me but that's hassle but if my back goes my cruise is ruined

I forget to mention that if you have a medical issue requiring some sort of topper, try contacting [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

I went on the anthem of the seas last year and my bed was uncomfortable and we heard noise like flushing water coming down. But we complain and they didn't do anything. And we are a diamond plus. It was me and my mom and dad in the room. I slept on the pull out mattress and my parents slept on the bed and they said there bed was hard also and we told them and they didn't do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Regarding mattresses, do they use different mattresses in Suites versus the other staterooms? Will be cruising in a suite for the first time next January. We had an OV on Enchantment and mattress seemed fine, though we have a nice foam mattress at home, so no matter what, it will still probably be somewhat of a downgrade comparatively.

Regarding mattresses, do they use different mattresses in Suites versus the other staterooms? Will be cruising in a suite for the first time next January. We had an OV on Enchantment and mattress seemed fine, though we have a nice foam mattress at home, so no matter what, it will still probably be somewhat of a downgrade comparatively.

Freedom had really nice pillow top mattresses in our JS last month. They were new.

dd45efe11e400f672c4ae47cdb984a0c.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just got off the Indy on Monday, and we had an egg crate topper on our mattress which we did not request. The bed was surprisingly very comfortable with the topper. I noticed when we were leaving and they were making up the staterooms that all the rooms I saw had a topper being put on. We were in an OV on 2.

Just got off the Indy on Monday, and we had an egg crate topper on our mattress which we did not request. The bed was surprisingly very comfortable with the topper. I noticed when we were leaving and they were making up the staterooms that all the rooms I saw had a topper being put on. We were in an OV on 2.

Were the Indy mattresses the "new" ones by any chance? (I.e. Did they have noticeable grooves in them from use over time, or were they new and fresh)?

I was on the Anthem 2 months ago and despite all of the complaints about the rock hard "Flinstone" mattresses, I really loved the mattress! Especially the lack of dips in them which enabled me to sleep between the two mattresses when the beds were pushed together with no ridge felt. Hoping they have the same new mattresses on the Indy!

Thanks for this that will be perfect

We were on Serenade in Nov. and the mattress was great then we were on the Brilliance in Feb. and the mattress was terrible. We asked the Steward for an egg topper and she said they had been removed for health safety reasons. She did add extra blankets after the first night and it was better but still would have preferred an egg crate based on previous experiences. Did go to Guest Services and complained about the problem and got a 10% courtesy comp for our inconvenience.

Skip

We just got off IOS on Monday and both of us thought this was the hardest bed we've ever had on any cruise ship (that's many). It was very difficult to get comfy. There were no egg crates (and I had read they are no more, so I didn't push it).

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got back from Independence yesterday. The bed was terrible. Actually, I didn't mind the bed as much as the pillows. I wish I'd brought my own from home. My husband was going to use the couch cushions. :( I was glad to be back in my own bed last night!

Our mattress on Independence was super comfortable. It was topped with a think foam topper that made it so comfortable!

Currently on NOS and was told they've done away with mattress toppers due to sanitation concerns. They will add extra comforters to soften the bed, but so far it hasn't really helped. But to be fair, I'm used to a double pillow top mattress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums