Entertainment times on Riviera

Ronnie1a

Want to book dinner in a couple of the specialty dining rooms but don't want it to interfere with the evening entertainment. Is anyone aware of approximate times for the evening shows? Is there only 1 show a night or do they repeat 2x as is done on many cruise ships?

Want to book dinner in a couple of the specialty dining rooms but don't want it to interfere with the evening entertainment. Is anyone aware of approximate times for the evening shows? Is there only 1 show a night or do they repeat 2x as is done on many cruise ships?

Ronnie - my experience is that the shows on Oceania start at 9 or 9:30. There is usually only 1 show, however, they have been known to have an earlier show and a later show on the 2 bigger ships.

There is 1 show in the main theater 9:30 or 9:45 pm

Music in Martinis from 6:30-9pm approx

string quartet in the Grand Bar Hallway on O class ships

Central staircase area on the R-ships 6:30 -9 ish

Occasionally they may have a special show earlier but in my limited experience it is very rare

10:30pm they have music in Horizons

Good afternoon Ronnie.

I have recently come off Riviera and can tell you there is just the one 'show' and that is at 9.30...

24518216532_c7bbac94ca_z.jpg

Like you I wanted to book ahead at certain speciality restaurants so hedged my bets a little.

I wrote a full review which you can read here...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/01/31/oceania-riviera-mayan-mystique/

Indeed, it was the only minor niggle, and I mean minor, that I reported on.

Of course some evenings the scheduled entertainment didn't appeal anyway: on those occasions we just extended our meal times.

I hope this has been useful to you. Riviera is a great ship and we had a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Solent Richard