Royal vs Carnival differences

If that is the way you feel about FTTF then you will fit right in on Royal. In fact you very well may like it more than Carnival. :)

All you need to do is mention FTTF not being fair to Platinums and you'll get hammered over on the Carnival boards. :D

5. Carnival people don't talk about their loyalty "status" every 5 minutes.

They don't talk about it all because it has little to no value compared to other cruise lines.:eek:

I had a niggling feeling that we might have paid for those luscious shakes. But the point is, it's a bit broader experience than Guy's Burgers, which I thoroughly appreciate for what it is, but burgers is all it is.

I also pay for specialty coffee a dozen times or more on every cruise. But compared to prices we pay for so much else on a cruise, those coffees and the JR shakes are pocket change.

Is niggling a word :confused::D:p;)

To me, the Carnival ships are decorated very gaudily for my taste. And they don't have the WOW factor that Freedom and Oasis class ships have. Never been on Quantum but I've heard a mixed bag. No vendetta against carnival. I've never been but they have great value for sure.

Plus the Loft suites on the oasis class.....jaw to the floor!:eek:

I have been sailing Carnival for 13 years now and enjoy it. I've only sailed Carnival and sail more for itinerary than the ship. We've booked our first RC cruise, Adventure of the Seas, for March of next year because of itinerary.

I'm trying to research what the real differences are between the 2 lines. I've read about 30 threads talking about this, but I keep seeing the same thing over and over - opinions. 20 people say RC has better food and another 20 say Carnival has better food...things like that. What I'm looking for are definitive differences.

I'll start with a few I've found

1. Carnival has Guys for Free, RC has JR for a cost. (free vs cost)

2. Carnival has comedy clubs and RC only has 1 or 2 comedy shows per cruise

3. Carnival does "showtime" in the dinning room where RC does not.

4. Carnival allows you to bring on one 12 pack of soda per person, RC does not allow any.

Thanks in advance for all the help filling out this list.

Here's the best descriptions I have heard...

Like cruising with your college roommates? Carnival

Like cruising with your neighbors? Royal Caribbean

Like cruising with your grandparents? Princess

Kinda works if you think about it.

Here's the best descriptions I have heard...

Like cruising with your college roommates? Carnival

Like cruising with your neighbors? Royal Caribbean

Like cruising with your grandparents? Princess

Kinda works if you think about it.

Only problem with those descriptions is that they are not true. :)

Is niggling a word :confused::D:p;)

I'll blame that one on the Ms. She's great for expanding vocabulary in some very imaginative ways, and some of it ends up stuck in my head forever. :rolleyes:

To me, the Carnival ships are decorated very gaudily for my taste. And they don't have the WOW factor that Freedom and Oasis class ships have. Never been on Quantum but I've heard a mixed bag. No vendetta against carnival. I've never been but they have great value for sure.

I concur 100% about decor, which is why Breeze is my favorite Carnival ship. They had a new designer for that one, and hands down it's a far better theme.

Plus the Loft suites on the oasis class.....jaw to the floor!:eek:

Loft suite was my first experience on Royal. I couldn't have said it better myself!