Oasis- Royal replenish or Royal refresh

We will be going on our first cruise in October which is on Oasis of the Seas. We have two teenagers (14, 17) and were wondering what drink package option has worked best for others in the past? We have no idea how much individual drinks are or what the pros/cons of each package entail. Does anyone have some insight? Is the more expensive package worth the cost for bottled water, juice, and mocktails? We would like to pre-purchase a package.

Whether a package is "worth it", directly depends on daily average consumption. If you can list how many sodas, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices, bottled waters, and mocktails will be consumed on average, every day of the cruise, we can figure out the the economics.

If you get them they Royal replenish, they get a cup for the freestyle machines and can get n/a drinks at any bar. The kids being on their own on the ship will probably lead to them getting enough to make it worth it. I saw lots of teenagers grabbing virgin drinks on my recent trip. If they only want soda, and you and your husband get a drink package and don't plan on drinking soda, you'll still get a tumbler with a chip for the the self serve soda machines. Do with that information what you wish. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know every day will vary due to being in port but I'm guessing at least: 3 sodas, 1 water, maybe 1 juice, 1 specialty drink daily per teenager.

The 3 sodas would be around $9, so you are already at the break even point for the Refreshment package. Adding water ($2), juice ($4), coffee ($4-$5), brings you very close to the Replenish package price of $19 per day. Another mocktail would put you over the top.

Unless you are able to really monitor their drink intake, you would be surprised how many drinks they will partake in. It's just so easy to grab a quick soda or mocktail during shows or dinners. We have never NOT gotten our money's worth out of the Replenish package. Have a great cruise.

We have always thought it was a good idea to buy a drink package for our son when he was a teen traveling with us. You never know when they are going to put a drink down to go do something and we have always stressed once you leave a drink unattended, you never drink from it again. Better safe than sorry.

I booked the cheaper one for our 17yo daughter.

But now I am rethinking this.

She loves her virgin frozen drinks.

Also, would the Royal Replenish include Starbucks?

If so, that seals the deal. She would have 2-3 per day.:eek:

No, it doesn't include Starbucks on Oasis and Allure. It does include specialty coffees from Cafe Promenade.

Remember that the juice included in Replenish is the fresh squeezed OJ *in the morning* in Windjammer. And maybe in MDR at breakfast but we never go there.

Other juices, the concentrates, are available *to everyone*.

So don't include the OJ if the fresh-squeezed (and you have to ask for it and WAIT for it, unless the machine is right out there at the front of Windjammer and they are getting it for you immediately) isn't what your teens are going to want.

No, it doesn't include Starbucks on Oasis and Allure. It does include specialty coffees from Cafe Promenade.

Ayep. So sailing on the Oasis with Replenish means you go to the NON-"starbucks" to get your coffee drinks. If you go to the green mermaid place, your Replenish card won't get you anything but a charge on your account.

What "other" drinks are included? Energy drinks, Vitamin Water, smoothies or anything of that sort? How much do Virgin drinks run? I'm guessing $5-$6?

Virgin drinks generally run around $5.

We upgraded my son so he could get the frozen drinks. He said the virgin mudslide was like a milkshake.

I know every day will vary due to being in port but I'm guessing at least: 3 sodas, 1 water, maybe 1 juice, 1 specialty drink daily per teenager.

The 3 sodas would be around $9, so you are already at the break even point for the Refreshment package. Adding water ($2), juice ($4), coffee ($4-$5), brings you very close to the Replenish package price of $19 per day. Another mocktail would put you over the top.

I just wanted to add, with the Replenish package, they can grab a water or two when getting off the ship to go on excursions. It is good to stay hydrated in the Caribbean :D

My wife and are are debating on these for our first trip as well. I know she will get the use out of the soda machine throughout the day to make up for it, but I normally only drink soda a few times a week at dinner. Is MDR fountain, or by the can if you don't have the package?

My wife and are are debating on these for our first trip as well. I know she will get the use out of the soda machine throughout the day to make up for it, but I normally only drink soda a few times a week at dinner. Is MDR fountain, or by the can if you don't have the package?

The MDR (and all other places on the ship) give cans of soda if you don't have a beverage package.

This is great news!!:D I DESPISE soda out of a can or bottle.

MUST. BE. FOUNTAIN.:eek::D

Yes, I have 3 7-11's within a 2 mile radius and they all know me by name:D

Plus, you will be on Oasis, which has the Coke Freestyle machines, so more opportunity for fountain drinks.

Plus, you will be on Oasis, which has the Coke Freestyle machines, so more opportunity for fountain drinks.

This is definitely ONE thing that RCCL has on CCL. CCL ONLY has cans. Warm cans. YUCK!

And I am sure there are MANY more.....

62 days!!!:D:D

MDR gave me glasses of soda. Didn't charge me or my g/f. Only one of us had a package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app