Favorite Crown Princess tip?

kt6453

We are sailing on Crown Princess to Alaska at end of May.

Would love to hear your favorite places on ship to watch scenery... Special treats we don't want to miss... Entertainment or events...Anything other tips.

We have cruised before but not Princess!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would love to hear your favorite places on ship to watch scenery... Special treats we don't want to miss... Entertainment or events...Anything other tips.

Thank you!!

Skywalkers , Being on the bow as you arrive and leave port.

Just sitting on the promenade watching for whales.

Thank you!!v

We've enjoyed several cruises on the Crown & here are a few suggestions.

We enjoyed the new Princess production show Magic to Do in "partnership with three-time Oscar-winner and composer of Wicked, Pippin and Godspell Stephen Schwartz".

Adagio Bar is a quiet location adjacent to Sabatini's and Sabatini's overlooks the wake of the ship. On all Princess ships we've sailed in the last year they had a buy one, get one for $1 daily drink promotion in one of the bars (3-4 and either 10-11 or 11-midnight.

The open upper decks are probably the best place to view the beauty of Alaska. I don't prefer one side over the other and each time they rotated the ship at the glaciers to give everyone a view.

There's lots of useful info on their website which includes lecturers & food selections for Alaska.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/north-to-alaska/

I second the Adagio Bar. It was quiet, nice, and most people didn't seem to know it was there. We took in some great jazz there one night. :)

It's across from Sabitini's and, like Sabatini's, there is a door out to the rear deck area. I don't think a lot of people know about that deck area which is nice.

Edited by Thrak

I second the Adagio Bar. It was quiet, nice, and most people didn't seem to know it was there. We took in some great jazz there one night. :)

It's across from Sabitini's and, like Sabatini's, there is a door out to the rear deck area. I don't think a lot of people know about that deck area which is nice.

Yep. Adagio is a great place to relax and watch the view. Thrak is right about the deck, too. It's beautiful out there, but you need to look for the door at the back of Adagio to find it. (If you like stuffed olives, ask the bartender in Adagio for some. They are the gourmet kind, really good.)

Thank you!!

Will be on the 13May sailing, first cruise ever so looking forward to it.

Will be on the 13May sailing, first cruise ever so looking forward to it.

Welcome to cruise critic and the world of cruising! It is a delightful way to travel, and Alaska is worth the long journey.

On a different topic, I visited Rotorua, NZ with my family when I was a little girl, many years ago!

Welcome to cruise critic and the world of cruising! It is a delightful way to travel, and Alaska is worth the long journey.

On a different topic, I visited Rotorua, NZ with my family when I was a little girl, many years ago!

I have lived in Rotorua for most of my life, my sister who is travelling with me is from Taupo 1 hour south of Rotorua. We leave for our big trip in 4 weeks and will be based in Vancouver for 6 weeks.