A/C on Emerald Princess

buffery

We have booked cabin C303 on Caribe deck.Has anyone stayed in this cabin

recently? Is the a/c working properly yet?

For what it's worth: We were in the C503 and C510 both port & starboard and while it was working it certainly wasn't as cold as it could have been BUT the temps during our cruise in Feb & luckily they were on the cool side so it sufficed.

In 2013 we were in E327 & had hardly no AC at all. They moved us to cabin C330 & it wasn't much better. Finally we were moved to cabin E718 which was great.

Note- I recently before our Feb trip I read a post that stated that C503 still had the same problem with the AC. :eek: and this was after dry dock.

I was in the 300 section during xmas time. If I closed the bathroom room everything was fine. The return in the bathroom seems to suck the air out too fast.

I would think it would be fixed by now as they were working hard on it in December.

framer

I was in the 300 section during xmas time. If I closed the bathroom room everything was fine. The return in the bathroom seems to suck the air out too fast.

I would think it would be fixed by now as they were working hard on it in December.

framer

Closing the bathroom door might help slightly since it limits the cooling area in total but it only pushes more air through the bottom of your cabin door. If the AC isn't sufficient to begin with it doesn't help all that much.

Believe me, we tried everything imaginable, even cutting up the towels in strips to stuff in the balcony door edges to try & seal the warm air from entering.

In early February our very good friends were on Caribe (C430) and had no a/c problems. No problems for us in D404.

Everyday at some point, we would get together with 11 other past cruise couples. No one mentioned a/c issues. :)

LuLu

Keep in mind that often, A/C "problems" are really passenger problems. The A/C is not per cabin but per section (group of cabins.) If it's sunny and/or hot and someone leaves their curtains open, or someone leaves their balcony door open, that affects nearby cabins. So, you could be in an inside cabin but across the hall your neighbor has left the balcony door open, your A/C will be affected and appear to not be working.

Keep in mind that often, A/C "problems" are really passenger problems. The A/C is not per cabin but per section (group of cabins.) If it's sunny and/or hot and someone leaves their curtains open, or someone leaves their balcony door open, that affects nearby cabins. So, you could be in an inside cabin but across the hall your neighbor has left the balcony door open, your A/C will be affected and appear to not be working.

I hear what you're saying but don't really believe that the few people who would leave their balcony door or curtains open would affect the majority of the cabins in that section. Each cabin only has so many CF of air delivered to that cabin unless the whole section were to open their balcony doors at the same time it's doubtful that all the cabins would feel the reduction. I truly believe it's a short fall in the design capacity of the ship that's the problem.

Other decks besides the Caribe deck (which have the most complaints) surely have the same amount of people leaving their cabin doors open and there are no where's near the same number of people commenting on the lack of AC.

What is nice about the newer ships is that each cabin has their own individual AC unit so that there is no reduction in any one cabin no matter home many doors are left open.