Website error - "No category applicable for fare code(s) specified."

MikeBTN

Anyone else seen this before? Getting this for all stateroom categories on multiple ships & sailing dates with 4 passengers. Don't get the same error for 2 pax - does this mean no 4-pax rooms available?

Screenshot example attached.

Screenshot.jpg.4f04379aa87f11ca728aeb5d13a31bf9.jpg

Edited by MikeBTN

Anyone else seen this before? Getting this for all stateroom categories on multiple ships & sailing dates with 4 passengers. Don't get the same error for 2 pax - does this mean no 4-pax rooms available?

Not necessarily, there could be temporary holds on the cabin. Try again in an hour.

That was my first thought.....except all of these sailings have multiple O1 & O2 Family Oceanview, Family Balcony, M2 Family Mini-suite, Haven Aft-Facing PH, and Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa w/ Balcony cabins available when I do a look-up using 2 pax. All hold at least 4 pax. I'm not trying to book a guarantee, I can't even get to a place to select a category of stateroom.

I also get the same error w/ 3 pax. I'll call NCL and report back.

Edited by MikeBTN

The sales agent at NCL thought it was probably a capacity issue, which is surprising because several of the sailings are 60+ days out. But with the 3rd & 4th sail free (which is why we're looking as well!) he thinks they probably just booked a lot of 3rd & 4th pax. So there ARE rooms available that hold 4, but they won't let us book 4 in that particular cabin.

The sales agent at NCL thought it was probably a capacity issue, which is surprising because several of the sailings are 60+ days out. But with the 3rd & 4th sail free (which is why we're looking as well!) he thinks they probably just booked a lot of 3rd & 4th pax. So there ARE rooms available that hold 4, but they won't let us book 4 in that particular cabin.

Try booking a specific cabin instead of a guarantee, that is probably part of the issue.

Why do you think this is an error?

This is happening to me today, too! I just looked last night to check the rate for my SIL who was thinking about going. Then when I checked today, I get that same message on every category. I know there were LOTS of cabins open just yesterday, so unless there was some mass booking, I think this might be a problem with the website. When you called NCL did you find out anything?

Just saw your response here. I have a hard time believing this considering my sailing is not a prime time sailing. I know they were bursting at the seams over Spring Break. Maybe it's a way to avoid honoring the 3rd/4th passenger free deal. They promote it, but then you can't actually book it. :)

Edited by travelinmoma

I was having the same problem last night with not being able to book a room for 3 people, and I even called the agents and she said she could not book anything for 3 people for the May 21, 2016 sailing on the Escape and then she checked the Getaway for the same time and said that was full too. She proceeded to offer to book me two rooms, I said no thanks.

I got up this morning and tried the booking again and guess what, I was able to get my balcony room for three people. I did get to choose to the UBP and the internet minutes, and received $100 on board credit. They showed the four categories in balcony rooms, and you choose a category but still says guaranteed room when you check out. Not sure why but I was just glad I was able to book this cruise. :)

I was having the same problem last night with not being able to book a room for 3 people, and I even called the agents and she said she could not book anything for 3 people for the May 21, 2016 sailing on the Escape and then she checked the Getaway for the same time and said that was full too. She proceeded to offer to book me two rooms, I said no thanks.

I got up this morning and tried the booking again and guess what, I was able to get my balcony room for three people. I did get to choose to the UBP and the internet minutes, and received $100 on board credit. They showed the four categories in balcony rooms, and you choose a category but still says guaranteed room when you check out. Not sure why but I was just glad I was able to book this cruise. :)

I tried again this morning, and it would allow a booking for 3, but still not 4. :( You should join our roll call if you are on the 5-21 Escape sailing. See you there!

Just checked the site again, specifically for 5/21 Escape sailing. There are now probably 50 or so rooms (across all categories) that will hold 4 pax. Maybe they were assigning guarantee rooms last week??

Odd. I haven't checked any of the other dates we were looking for.

Somehow was able to find a small window where I could book a cabin for 4, so we will be sailing Escape 5/21! About 30 minutes after I booked, I went back and tried again and got the initial message I posted about. Booked a BX Gty, so no cabin assigned yet, however if I do a mock booking for 2 people I count around 40 Balcony, MiniSuite, and Haven cabins that hold 4 (or more) pax still available. Still confused......but happy I got through! Here's hoping they don't call and cancel :-)