Trail mix?

When I was a kid, I was a bartender for a couple of years. Putting peanuts, pretzels, etc...on the bar and seeing people sneeze or cough into their hands and then helping themselves to the freebies made me sick. I have never, ever eaten from any of those. DISGUSTING.

OH.....AND LICK THEIR FINGERS. That was another biggie.

Edited by champagne123
gggg

I just had a flashback of old days and little plastic tubs like mini hurricane lamps that the bar person would give you to take away with your drink.... Not placed on the bar for free dipping. Yuk!! I have worked in bars and seen too much to ever eat from one of those!!

I guess it is a safety issue first.

I would be leery of placing my hand in a bowl of trail mix on a cruise ship with over 3000 passengers.

Someone has got too be sick or getting sick, or did not use proper hygiene.

Just saying

Fortunately they never served it in open bowls at the Diamond Event!:eek: They gave each table a small carafe (like an wine carafe for one serving of wine) filled with trail mix. There was no way to stick your hand in it! You had to pour it out onto a napkin or into your palm.

Judy

Fortunately they never served it in open bowls at the Diamond Event!:eek: They gave each table a small carafe (like an wine carafe for one serving of wine) filled with trail mix. There was no way to stick your hand in it! You had to pour it out onto a napkin or into your palm.

Judy

Great Idea.

Even for home parties!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Judy

I remember this, too. I guess you can never know if someone sneezed over it, but you are right that you had to pour from it. I did eat nuts from these carafes. It is good if you don't think too much, I guess. ;)

We cruised on MSC in January. In the evening they would give an individual bowl of crisps (chips) and another of cheesey nibbles when you ordered a drink. They gave them per person so DH and I would get our own. I thought it was really nice (I'm a crispaholic:)), wish RCL would do something similar.

Julie

I remember this, too. I guess you can never know if someone sneezed over it, but you are right that you had to pour from it. I did eat nuts from these carafes. It is good if you don't think too much, I guess. ;)

We used to pour it out onto a napkin and pick the nuts out too. There were other ingredients - like raisins - that didn't really seem very appealing with a glass of wine.:rolleyes: I always thought small pretzels would have been a better (and probably cheaper!) choice to serve with wine and beer.

The hors d'oeuvres they serve now in the DL are way better than the old Diamond Event trail mix days! (The drinks are better too.:))

Judy

Judy

That´s the way I´ve seen them in the bars on RCI as well. As for the question when they stopped serving it - I don´t know, as they still had it on my last cruise, late 2015.