iFly & NorthStar Reservations Unavailable

Just booked the Anthem for June and was disappointed to find there are no available reservation times for either the iFly or the NorthStar. Often ships will hold a certain number of reservation slots for booking while onboard. I hope this is the case with Anthem. I have read on this forum that there are standby lines you can wait in... but on a short 5-day cruise, I especially do not want to spend it waiting in line.

Does anyone know if we can make reservations as soon as we board the ship (fingers crossed)? Or are we forced to wait in a long line for a chance to experience these two?

Thanks!

Yes you can - you need to go to the reservations desk in the multiplex which is where the bumper cars are - I would suggest asking when you board what time they open and go as soon as you can. We went right off and had no problems making reservations.

They also have a puzzle room you can sign up for there as well.

Hope this info helps.

Same thing happened to me - and I was on her special 3 day sold out cruise with very limited time for everyone to try and get to do either of them.

But here's what I noticed:

I downloaded the Royal iQ app to my phone before the cruise. I then activated it as soon as I boarded. I just happened to be playing around with it and looked under activities and there were a number of really good openings for both available. I snagged a Northstar right away (did not want to do ifly, but could have). But the slots went quickly. After lunch they were gone.

During the cruise there are also standby lines and on port days I believe you would have pretty good luck.

No pre-advance reservations when I sailed the Quantum. I know I walked up to the I-Fly and after answering a few question I was able to take advantage of. Same with NorthStar, no reservations, but was one of the 1st ones on line and got a great view of St. Marteen. Went straight up and not side to side, as it was prohibited by the local authorities.

Same thing happened to me - and I was on her special 3 day sold out cruise with very limited time for everyone to try and get to do either of them.

But here's what I noticed:

I downloaded the Royal iQ app to my phone before the cruise. I then activated it as soon as I boarded. I just happened to be playing around with it and looked under activities and there were a number of really good openings for both available. I snagged a Northstar right away (did not want to do ifly, but could have). But the slots went quickly. After lunch they were gone.

During the cruise there are also standby lines and on port days I believe you would have pretty good luck.

I was on the same three day cruise as Matt. What he described was exactly my experience. I had the Royal iQ app on my phone and was able to book the Northstar and the Puzzle Room immediately upon boarding and when I checked a little later, they were gone. My advice is to get yourself up in the morning and do a 9 am Northstar if possible on a sea day while the ship is moving. I was in and out of there within 45 minutes.

Hi Matt!

Edited by 138east

Thanks everyone for your advice!!! I usually book my cruise nearly a year in advance and have never had these reservation issues.

I will definitely be prepared with the app. We always get to the port on embarkation day early, so hopefully, we will be one of the first aboard and will be able to make the reservations.

I was on the same three day cruise as Matt. What he described was exactly my experience. I had the Royal iQ app on my phone and was able to book the Northstar and the Puzzle Room immediately upon boarding and when I checked a little later, they were gone. My advice is to get yourself up in the morning and do a 9 am Northstar if possible on a sea day while the ship is moving. I was in and out of there within 45 minutes.

Hi Matt!

Hi Carol! Really enjoyed our talk in the DL. Hope to see you on board again.

Does the Royal IQ app work from the dock while you are checking in? Or do you have to wait until you actually are on the ship?

If you can receive the ship's WiFi from the dock, then it will work.