Chef's Table Dress Code Specifics?

When we did chefs table my husband wore dress pants and dress shirt with a tie and sport jacket. I wore a dress. We were the odd ones. Everyone else just had a dress shirt and pants for the men and a nice pants suit or dress pants and dressy shirt for the women. My husband ended up removing his jacket.

Lisa

I usually wear dressy pants, a nice top, and some bling. DH usually wears linen pants, button down shirt, and linen jacket. We've done Chef's Table, but never on formal night, and always in the Caribbean where things tend to be a little more laid back.

We saw a variety of dress, ranging from nice-casual to dressy. We haven't seen any tuxedos at our past Chef's Tables (3), but hey...go for the tux if you want - it's kind of sexy and 007ish...!:p

Judy

Unless it's formal night, I don't wear a tux. We have done 4 Chef's Table (never on Formal Night) and I wear a sport coat, dress shirt, and dress pants. No tie. The first few times I wore a tie and I was the only one wearing one. But most people dress nicely. It's a nice event. Sport coat and dress shirt is definitely appropriate, and a tie is not out of order. For that matter, a tux is also quite appropriate.

• 1 year later...

By "tux" do you mean "tuxedo" which I understand is American for dinner jacket or suit, and may even include a white jacket in the US?

In Australia we're more traditional, perhaps, and a dinner jacket is still a dinner jacket, and trousers are still trousers, not "pants", which are tiny garments we use as underwear, and very useful they are too.

By "tux" do you mean "tuxedo" which I understand is American for dinner jacket or suit, and may even include a white jacket in the US?

In Australia we're more traditional, perhaps, and a dinner jacket is still a dinner jacket, and trousers are still trousers, not "pants", which are tiny garments we use as underwear, and very useful they are too.

a Tux is NOT a dinner jacket or suit in America. it is a tux.. Black pants(usually with the satin stripe), black (short) jacket, cummerbund and bow tie. you will not see the white jacket that often.

a suit is a matching pair of slacks and full length jacket, sometimes double breasted., vests optional. typically wool, silk or linen and of lighter weight. worn with a tie.

a dinner jacket or Sport coat is usually heavier weight, meant to be worn unbuttoned and will not always match the slacks. rarely is worn with a tie.

at Chef's table, we wear Formal if it is Formal night( although he does own a white Tux jacket and will bring that to trade off with the black one) or slightly dressy on other nights. at minimum a sport coat for him. I am pretty much always in a dress. below the knee, nicer jewelry.

We did Chefs Table on Oasis in Dec. on formal night and one woman wore "short shorts." Go figure. Not even formal short shorts!!!

DH wore dress shirt, tie and jacket. I wore dress slacks and fancy top.

No one from staff said a word to woman in shorts. Seems that as long as they get your $$$ they look the other way.

a Tux is NOT a dinner jacket or suit in America. it is a tux.. Black pants(usually with the satin stripe), black (short) jacket, cummerbund and bow tie. you will not see the white jacket that often.

a suit is a matching pair of slacks and full length jacket, sometimes double breasted., vests optional. typically wool, silk or linen and of lighter weight. worn with a tie.

a dinner jacket or Sport coat is usually heavier weight, meant to be worn unbuttoned and will not always match the slacks. rarely is worn with a tie.

at Chef's table, we wear Formal if it is Formal night( although he does own a white Tux jacket and will bring that to trade off with the black one) or slightly dressy on other nights. at minimum a sport coat for him. I am pretty much always in a dress. below the knee, nicer jewelry.

I could be wrong but I think a "dinner jacket" is what we call a tuxedo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuxedo