GTY cabin on 2nd 1/2 of B2B?

Avril

I'm doing a B2B on the Vista in October/Novembber 2016. We've booked a specific cabin for the 1st half (the 13 Day Transatlantic) but have a GTY 8D Balcony for the 2nd half. I've never had a GTY before so not sure how it works. I know that sometimes they don't assign the GTY cabins until 2 weeks-the day of sailing. My question is, if we don't have our cabin assignment for the 2nd half by the time we have to leave for the 1st half, how do we do our online check in and print our documents/boarding passes and ship luggage tags for the 2nd half? I assume we'll need to print luggage tags for the 2nd half since we're changing cabins and obviously want our luggage to go to the right place. Is there anyway to fill out (and print) our online checkin/boarding passes and luggage tags once onboard the ship? I know we will likely have our cabin assignment before we leave so this won't matter but I like to be prapared for all possibilities. Thanks!! :D

I'm doing a B2B on the Vista in October/Novembber 2016. We've booked a specific cabin for the 1st half (the 13 Day Transatlantic) but have a GTY 8D Balcony for the 2nd half. I've never had a GTY before so not sure how it works. I know that sometimes they don't assign the GTY cabins until 2 weeks-the day of sailing. My question is, if we don't have our cabin assignment for the 2nd half by the time we have to leave for the 1st half, how do we do our online check in and print our documents/boarding passes and ship luggage tags for the 2nd half? I assume we'll need to print luggage tags for the 2nd half since we're changing cabins and obviously want our luggage to go to the right place. Is there anyway to fill out (and print) our online checkin/boarding passes and luggage tags once onboard the ship? I know we will likely have our cabin assignment before we leave so this won't matter but I like to be prapared for all possibilities. Thanks!! :D

You don't need your boarding pass and luggage tags for the 2nd half. You will tell your stateroom steward your new number and they will move them for you. The boarding pass is not necessary. You can complete the online check in without having a cabin assignment. On our Valor B2B cruise on the first half of the B2B we had picked our room, the second half was a guarantee room. We were able to email and explain the situation and they gave us the same rooms for both cruises. No problem at all! I hope this helps.

Thank You both!! :D

You don't need your boarding pass and luggage tags for the 2nd half. You will tell your stateroom steward your new number and they will move them for you. The boarding pass is not necessary. You can complete the online check in without having a cabin assignment. On our Valor B2B cruise on the first half of the B2B we had picked our room, the second half was a guarantee room. We were able to email and explain the situation and they gave us the same rooms for both cruises. No problem at all! I hope this helps.

Ok, that sounds easy enough. I didn't know you could do your online check in without a cabin number. What am I supposed to tell our Steward though? We may not know our cabin number for the 2nd half of the B2B because we have a Guarantee cabin (8D balcony, that's all we know). How can we tell him/her where to move our stuff to? I don't think calling them would help, we have a Havana cabin (that we definatly don't want to move out of/change in order to have the same cabin for both cruises) for the 1st cruise and those are sold out all the way to 2018 (as far as I know). If we still don't know when we get onboard, could we ask at Guest Services? They'd have a list wouldn't they?

Carnival.com is a free website to use while onboard, so you can log in and get your info for the 2nd cruise.

Oh, awesome!! :D I never knew that. I've always used my iPhone and iPad and before we had those, I was just unconnected for a week. I've never used the ship computers. Can you print from those computers as well (we'll need our luggage tags for the 2nd cruise)?