New dining package on Anthem -- BOGO 2 Night Dining Package - 2 meals for $30!

That's the standard way of refunding pre-purchased dining, back to your on-board account. However, unlike some on-board credit from your TA, it's considered refundable, so if you end up not spending everything, it will get credited back to whatever you have set up as your payment type (credit/debit card). And they'll use any non-refundable OBC you have first, so you would end up with the part that is refundable.

That is a good idea to pre-book Wonderland the second night. My plan was to eat there that night as well. We did this on Celebrity Silhouette a couple of years ago when I bought the "Ultimate Dining Package" once I got on board (which gave you free unlimited dining). Our cruise included Valentine's Day, and I was concerned (rightfully so, it turned out) that Murano would be full that night. So I pre-booked it and paid for it, then got a refund once on the ship but kept the reservation time.

Presumably ranchette would cancel their day 3 Wonderland reservation and go one of the first two days, instead. If you cancel prior to the cruise, your credit card gets refunding. Cancel on the ship and it's OBC.

I did exactly that I cancelled Wonderland on day 3 and bought the 2 day package. If they do not give me Wonderland on day one or two where would I go to change the restaurant?

I did exactly that I cancelled Wonderland on day 3 and bought the 2 day package. If they do not give me Wonderland on day one or two where would I go to change the restaurant?

Based on what others have reported, there will be no reservations and you'll have to make them yourself once you board.

I went for it. The web site only asked for a reservation time for the first day. DW wants to try Wonderland. I'm kind of nervous about Wonderland, but I can try anything once, especially if it makes her happy. I can be happy in any of the other three.

I went for it. The web site only asked for a reservation time for the first day. DW wants to try Wonderland. I'm kind of nervous about Wonderland, but I can try anything once, especially if it makes her happy. I can be happy in any of the other three.

Even if the unusual small plate dishes don't thrill you, the entrees are pretty normal and very good (and filling). And dessert is excellent. And most importantly, lots easier to justify trying for $15 than $49!

Edited by MisterBill99

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to "bump" a thread (especially my own), but I'm wondering if anyone else has had an experience with this package on their cruise, especially whether they've gotten their act together and starting making reservations in advance (although it seemed like it didn't turn out to be a problem). Also curious to hear if anyone else was charged extra for Wonderland as one person had reported.

Edited by MisterBill99

I hate to "bump" a thread (especially my own), but I'm wondering if anyone else has had an experience with this package on their cruise, especially whether they've gotten their act together and starting making reservations in advance (although it seemed like it didn't turn out to be a problem). Also curious to hear if anyone else was charged extra for Wonderland as one person had reported.

I have the package for next week and will report back. We are in a "sky class" suite and yesterday the concierge reserved by two requests for this package. They didn't mention anything about an upcharge for Wonderland and I will bring a print out of the info on the website where it doesn't mention any restrictions other than at a la carte restaurant the value is for up to $30 per person anything over we are responsible for

I did call C&A. You can pick your time and you will be "assigned" 2 restaurants. Your 2 restaurants will be on a document in your stateroom. If you don't like the restaurants they have chosen for you - you will need to change on board. (Stand in line...) You cannot select your venue ahead of time with this promo. Keep in mind also - with the number of people on the Anthem if you switch you may not get the time you want in the venue you want. So you might need to be flexible in what time and where you eat. We have been on the Anthem (and Quantum) previously - loved Jamie's, Wonderland and Chops.

I did call C&A. You can pick your time and you will be "assigned" 2 restaurants. Your 2 restaurants will be on a document in your stateroom.

If you've read earlier posts here, you will see that is not how it's been working. There have been no reservations made and people have had to make them once on board. That's why I was asking about recent experiences.

As for standing on line, if you board early enough the dining reservation stations should not be that busy.

And no one has reported not being able to get their preferred restaurant.

Edited by MisterBill99

Quick question, somewhat unrelated, how soon out from your booking can you book dining?

I used be be able to quite aways out, but so far nada...

No set time, keep checking the Cruise Planner.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this offer on my May 14th cruise on Anthem. When I got to my statement my reservations were for Chops on 1st day and Jamie's on 2nd day. I went directly to Wonderland and switched my reservation for the first day and wanted Chops the 2nd day with the other solo guests which we planned. It was easy to make the change and I was not charged extra for Wonderland.

Guest maddycat
I did this offer on my May 14th cruise on Anthem. When I got to my statement my reservations were for Chops on 1st day and Jamie's on 2nd day. I went directly to Wonderland and switched my reservation for the first day and wanted Chops the 2nd day with the other solo guests which we planned. It was easy to make the change and I was not charged extra for Wonderland.

Thanks for reporting back. I glad that it was so easy to change reservations.

Hi - does anyone know if you get Izumi which comes with a $30 credit per person, if that can be used towards cocktails, or only food?

According to a dining package flyer I was able to find online, it's a $30 food credit at a la carte restaurants. So, it cannot be used towards drinks.

Just off Anthem and had taken advantage of this BOGO package for night 1 and 2. We were in a suite and had concierge make the reservation for us at our preferred restaurants, however the system automatically assigned Jamies and Chops based on the flyer left in our room about it. I went to the concierge lounge and they fixed it to the correct option.

No issues using it at Wonderland the first night but Izumi was a different story. The waiter didn't understand the offer and charged us the full price for what we ordered. The head waiter got involved and he too didn't understand it and charged us 50% of our total bill (we did not go over the $30 per person cost)

He insisted that it was 50% of their normal cost and therefore charged us $15 per person, I kept explaining that I already paid and it was buy one meal, get one meal free. Needless to say it took a couple of days and getting the concierge involved to get it straightened out. The concierge understood the offer and new exactly how it worked

Bottom line - if you are being charged it has to do with the person(s) not understanding the offer as it is new, keep pressing it. I also printed out the terms and conditions from my cruise planner and that helped

Edited by jonj

No issues using it at Wonderland the first night but Izumi was a different story. The waiter didn't understand the offer and charged us the full price for what we ordered. The head waiter got involved and he too didn't understand it and charged us 50% of our total bill (we did not go over the $30 per person cost)

Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble. If you were in a suite and had problems getting it resolved, I can only imagine what a normal cruiser would have had to go thru!

Did you try to get the restaurant manager/maitre'd involved, or isn't there one at Izumi? Or is that who you're referring to as the head waiter?

Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble. If you were in a suite and had problems getting it resolved, I can only imagine what a normal cruiser would have had to go thru!

Did you try to get the restaurant manager/maitre'd involved, or isn't there one at Izumi? Or is that who you're referring to as the head waiter?

I guess it was the Maitre'd but he was the person that didn't understand the offer either and when I present the paper with the terms he said he had to ask his supervisor. I wanted to give them a chance to fix it and hopefully learn how the offers worked so others wouldn't have issues, and why I didn't ask concierge to get involved right away

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jonj

I guess it was the Maitre'd but he was the person that didn't understand the offer either and when I present the paper with the terms he said he had to ask his supervisor. I wanted to give them a chance to fix it and hopefully learn how the offers worked so others wouldn't have issues, and why I didn't ask concierge to get involved right away

Strange, since it should work (and look) just like any of the other dining packages. You get a $30 food credit with those.

Has anyone *tried* to book the BOGO 2-night dining package AND a 3, 4, or 5-night dining package?

I know the BOGO is (only) for the first 2 nights. But some have said that the other packages can start on night 3 or after. I know the Royal website says otherwise.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anyone *tried* to book the BOGO 2-night dining package AND a 3, 4, or 5-night dining package?

I know the BOGO is (only) for the first 2 nights. But some have said that the other packages can start on night 3 or after. I know the Royal website says otherwise.

I thought the other packages required you to have one of the meals on the first or second night. They can be purchased on board, do they sell them after the first two days? Here is the flyer for the 3-5 night packages. The fine print has the first/second night requirement.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

Edited by MisterBill99