Noise from the Lido?

EGCruisers

I booked 8075, 8077, 8079, and 8081 on the Oosterdam for a cruise in 2017. We will be traveling with our children and very young grandchildren. Will there be noise from the Lido above us? Would really like to hear from anyone who has stayed in those cabins. Any other comments on those cabins would be welcome as well. Thank you!

I haven't stayed there, but from the plans I can see that those cabins are under the carpeted area, where you'll find only tables/chairs, and the pathway in/out.

It should be quiet. Handy-dandy to the glass elevators, too! :D

I booked 8075, 8077, 8079, and 8081 on the Oosterdam for a cruise in 2017. We will be traveling with our children and very young grandchildren. Will there be noise from the Lido above us? Would really like to hear from anyone who has stayed in those cabins. Any other comments on those cabins would be welcome as well. Thank you!

You should be fine as you are below the carpeted part of the Lido buffet. The cabins more foward of these (under the pool area) can get noisy at times however.

I like being right under the Lido buffet - quiet and easy access (one deck) to the Lido dining area for a quick snack or coffee - plus not far from the two pools.

We have often stayed in cabins directly under the Lido - no passenger noise but the occasional chair scraping in the afternoon when they are straightening things up, if you are under the actual hard surface deck area. But as pointed out, if your cabins are under the carpeted area there should be no problems.

Noisy cabins are not a problem on HAL ships from our experience, on various decks and various ships. Maybe some internal industrial hum the closer one's cabin is to the inner workings of the ship, but never any passenger noise either from side to side or top to bottom.

Edited by OlsSalt

• 1 year later...

We just finished a 22 day cruise in SS8075.

There was some relatively loud rumbling noises above, which were dish trolleys with heavy metal wheels. These trolleys were noisy as they rolled along the uncarpeted section of the Lido, directly above the cabin. They could be heard as early as 3 am and as late as midnight. Did wake me up, but DH slept through.

Otherwise a gorgeous cabin in a great location.

Of mention too, the elevator "extension" does get in the way when photo shooting scenery to the left of the balcony