Cheap TA Cruises

mugtech

There are some great last minute prices for transatlantic cruises, as low as $399 for a 12 or 16 day cruise. Had heard rumors there would be no last minute deals any more:D

This happens on just about every TA repo, they are hard to fill.

Edited by zdcatc12

I booked a 14-day TA two weeks ago that leaves a week from now. $1200 balcony (solo) including all the taxes and fees (but not including mandatory service charge). I couldn't pass it up, especially when the one-way airfares were unbelievably low. This week, the same cruise, same room category down to $1000 OTD for one person in a balcony room.

I'll keep this in mind forever - that TA's can discount so steeply.

ETA: I don't know, but I think the "no more discounts" only applies to the pre-final payment period. So they won't drop prices because they don't want people waiting or to have a lot of admin for adjustments. But once final payments are in, I think the bottom will drop out on some cruises. It's nice if you are lucky enough to be flexible. Yay telecommuting!

Edited by terracool

I couldn't pass it up, especially when the one-way airfares were unbelievably low.

Good for you! Just out of curiosity, I priced out the airfare last week when I saw the $400 cruise fares and airfare was $1700 per person, so out of the question.

Not just "cheap" ones on TA - go to NCL's own website & look, plenty of last minute deals - especially if those Sail Away Rates are fine - some of us don't mind the Inside, GTY or otherwise - given the prices ... out of Miami (on the mega ships too) and New York this month, Pacific Coastal for late September.

Those that are driving distance to the nearest NCL homeports and flexible with travel plans & can go on short notice - there are bargains to be seized - it's economics 101 on basic supply & demand ... of course, try explaining to the majority stock holders why cabins aren't selling is up to the CEO & CFO.

Do one's own homework, read the fine prints & disclosures - call up the TA and see what ELSE they can do to sweeten up the deals :D - and the Upsell department seemed to be very active & busy lately, from a un-scientific survey of the posts here on CC recently

It's not just NCL with last minute deals, do comparative cruise shopping first - with lower crude oil prices (NJ unleaded gasoline prices still under $2 a gallon) - airfares dropping & sweetened up with hotel packages ... no 18% add-on mandated ;)

Good for you! Just out of curiosity, I priced out the airfare last week when I saw the $400 cruise fares and airfare was $1700 per person, so out of the question.

Was that thru' the cruise-line's airline bookings ? For international one way fares they are often very reasonable and hard to beat.

Edited by pspercy