Help with Alaskan cruise on Regatta

Izzy'sMoms

I an considering booking a PH2 on an Alaskan sailing. It looks as if all of the aft PH2's are under the Terrace Cafe and some of the fore suites are adjoining. In either case I would be concerned about noise. Is noise an issue in these locations? Also, how far back do you need to be to have a view that will not be obstructed by the bridge? And lastly, since Oceania offers a Junior Explorer Program , are there may children aboard?

I an considering booking a PH2 on an Alaskan sailing. It looks as if all of the aft PH2's are under the Terrace Cafe and some of the fore suites are adjoining. In either case I would be concerned about noise. Is noise an issue in these locations? Also' date=' how far back do you need to be to have a view that will not be obstructed by the bridge? And lastly, since Oceania offers a Junior Explorer Program , are there may children aboard?[/quote']

Our first cruise was Alaska, on Regatta, in a PH3 - under the Terrace Cafe. We never heard a thing and because were relatively Aft in the ship, no problems with obstruction (don't think any PH are blocked by the bridge).

There were about 12 children on board that year - it was the very first year Oceania ever went to Alaska - but with the new Junior Explorer Program, you can be assured that there will be children.

I can't believe that there have been 372 views on this post and only one reply (very much appreciated ) to my legitimate questions. After readings this forum for three years I realize that this forum is no longer about helping fellow cruisers, but instead only about complaints.

I can't believe that there have been 372 views on this post and only one reply (very much appreciated ) to my legitimate questions. After readings this forum for three years I realize that this forum is no longer about helping fellow cruisers' date=' but instead only about complaints.[/quote']

Wish I could help (if for no other reason than I am "Izzy's dad" (different Izzy).

We've been on Regatta but only in B2s aft. For what it's worth, the R ship soundproofing is very good. We've been over noisy common areas but have never heard anything like vacuums or music or whatever.

I mostly do AZ and i hear people running over head or chairs moving in the cabin known as A PH1. i just slept aft of the stairs on AZ and i felt more vibration from ship moving than anything else.. no chairs-or other noise and no vacaum either. sound does carry and i heard music from deck 9 so who knows.