Any noticeable changes to Splendor since drydock?

WantaGoGlobal

I'm on here in 1 week but there was another thread about splendors dry dock changes and they added grand ocean view rooms on deck 9 across the front of the ship along with 2 captains suites. tile work in the spa. Hasbro game and some other non structural 2.0 upgrade. but it did not get any other 2.0 upgrades like guys, blue Iguana or red frog.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285058

around page 7 is when the real dry dock changes are talked about.

• 4 weeks later...
My last cruise, I didn't get a mint, so I figured they stopped doing that all together. Are you for real, or an inside joke that went right over my head?

Carnival did stop the chocolate on the pillow a while back. I think the reference to a fortune cookie was a nod to the fact that the Splendor is/was scheduled to move to China in the next few years.

I sailed on April 10th and pretty much what they said. The flowers being gone was great, those were awful. I don't think Hasbro was on there, I can't remember them talking about it. The new cabins in the front were cool, I peaked inside because I had fttf. No new pool bars, or Guys or Blue Iguana. Cabin service once daily where I was (7 balcony-aft). Fridge was empty which was nice, mattresses were new and I personally loved them.

Ship is still tacky and pink but who cares right? American Table not on the ship yet thank goodness. No table clothes reminds me of a Ram's Horn. So some goods and some bads. Happy cruising.

Holly

I sailed on April 10th and pretty much what they said. The flowers being gone was great, those were awful. I don't think Hasbro was on there, I can't remember them talking about it. The new cabins in the front were cool, I peaked inside because I had fttf. No new pool bars, or Guys or Blue Iguana. Cabin service once daily where I was (7 balcony-aft). Fridge was empty which was nice, mattresses were new and I personally loved them.

Ship is still tacky and pink but who cares right? American Table not on the ship yet thank goodness. No table clothes reminds me of a Ram's Horn. So some goods and some bads. Happy cruising.

Holly

We did the first sailing after dry dock (March 20th) and that pretty much sums it up. Nothing really changed on there. We did not see the Hasbro show either. The only change in entertainment is they were doing the Playlist Production shows. We saw the 80s one (forgot the name), and the 88 Keys one. Just the two shows, rest was normal juggler/magicians/etc. No Carnival Hub either.

Oh yeah I forgot the new shows! We only ended up seeing one-something about the 80's, forgot the name as well but it was great!! I would have went and seen it again. I love music though, so I may be biased. I thought they did an excellent job of covering all the great music from the 80's. I regret not seeing the other show earlier in the week.

• 2 months later...
Were the rooms themselves updated? Like new linens etc

We were on in May and the linens seemed fine meaning they weren't worn out. The duvet looked brand new.

The cabin seemed standard to us otherwise.

One of the big changes thanks, BizzyBee! - is the switch to American Table. Some of the post dry dock reviewers said upgrade work was still going on as of May. So I guess these were refurbs (like stairs) that weren't easily detected. Anyone on the carpets, common area seating? It just seemed like Carnival didn't invest as much as they did on other ships like the Triumph. :confused:

One of the big changes thanks, BizzyBee! - is the switch to American Table.

It just seemed like Carnival didn't invest as much as they did on other ships like the Triumph. :confused:

Splendor did switch to American Table as of the June 4th sailing. I was on the sailing just prior to then and we had the "old" menus. The staff was talking about the change over and our dear head waiter discussed it with us as we have sailed several times with the AT.

As to the $ invested in the Splendor. She was/is, depending who you ask, scheduled to go to China. Greasy American hamburgers and "Mexican" food may not be quite the draw to it's future demographic.

Holly

What do you mean cabin service once a day? You can get cabin service twice a day wherever you stay on the ship.

What do you mean cabin service once a day? You can get cabin service twice a day wherever you stay on the ship.

Just off it and it is only once a day service. Cabin steward told us that they cut the number of stewards and doubled the cabin load of the ones they kept.

We had to choose between morning or evening service.

Took the morning service and never had any issues with it.

robc1972, I cut and pasted your post to John Heald. We are told over and over again that we may have 2 services daily by him. And yet, I read your comments and wonder "why aren't the stewards aware of this?"

So let's see what he has to say...I will report back when he responds. You wouldn't want to share your cabin number and date of sailing to help with this, would you?

Just off it and it is only once a day service. Cabin steward told us that they cut the number of stewards and doubled the cabin load of the ones they kept.

We had to choose between morning or evening service.

Took the morning service and never had any issues with it.

Did you get the next day Fun Times when they serviced your cabin in the morning or was it put in the mail fixture next to the cabin door in the evening?

robc1972, I cut and pasted your post to John Heald. We are told over and over again that we may have 2 services daily by him. And yet, I read your comments and wonder "why aren't the stewards aware of this?"

So let's see what he has to say...I will report back when he responds. You wouldn't want to share your cabin number and date of sailing to help with this, would you?

I'm looking forward to hearing back and do wish op would share that info.

Have you heard anything back?

Have you heard anything back?

The only thing I got was a snarky remark from one of the guys that comments on JH's facebook regularly - saying if it comes from CC, it is not to be believed.

On the other hand, the OP has not come back here to make any comments about room number or anything...so what to believe?

Sailed Splendor 6/12.....I had read various threads about the cabin service

My experience:

We did not have a card in the cabin regarding selections. We saw the cabin steward in the hallway and requested extra pillows and towels and cabin service 2x daily.

We had wonderful service throughout the cruise in all venues and cabin service 2x daily without any comment or question.