Another Jeans Question

atdahop

What happens if you wear jeans to board the ship and you do not get your luggage in time for dinner. Can you wear them or do you have to go to the buffet. Please do not tell me to take stuff in an overnight bag as I have more important items to carry on and I am limited as I use a cane.

Thanks

I plan on wearing jeans when we get on board the Crown next week. It will probably be chilly in Philadelphia and I think the jeans will be fine. The first night dinning is more casual in case some ones luggage doesn't get to their cabin in time. I've seen many people wearing jeans on the first night on a number of different cruise lines. And before someone slams me, I agree they should not be worn after the first night.

Have a great cruise!

Sandra

Seeing as you seem to be stressing a little about it, why not put on a decent pair of (black) slacks to fly/board the ship. Drop a clean top into your carryon...that takes no room and weighs little. Then you know you will have presentable clothes to go to the dining room in the event your luggage is delayed. JMO.....

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I just sailed last Jan. and they declaired the first night in the dining room as 'casual night' as they know not everyone gets their luggage delivered before dinner. Not a big deal at all and I didn't hear anybody making fun of anybody. No worries.

Kathy in Maine

What happens if you wear jeans to board the ship and you do not get your luggage in time for dinner. Can you wear them or do you have to go to the buffet. Please do not tell me to take stuff in an overnight bag as I have more important items to carry on and I am limited as I use a cane.

Thanks

I doubt anyone would say anything. On our last cruise there were people seated for dinner in jeans, khakis, and a couple of young(er) women wearing tank tops under denim overalls for the first evening. No...I don't even want to go there :eek:

The majority of people do tend to dress appropriately for dinner the first night IME, but not everyone gets their luggage in time and most people will understand that you can't control when your clothes arrive.

Enjoy your cruise!

~e

I agree with the black pants idea. I actually leave my jeans at home when I'm travelling.

The same black Target bootleg pants work with a T shirt, sneakers and denim jacket for casual days, with a sparkly top and heels for dinners or evenings and with flats and a slightly dressy top for smart casual nights. My last cruise I packed three idenitcal pairs (plus one skirt) and life was a breeze, especially as they wash and dry quickly in the shower.

The only draw back with this capsule travel wardrobe approach is I have travel pictures from the past 8 years where I look like I'm wearing exactly the same outfit!

Anna-Maria

No, you will not be relegated to the buffet, you will be welcome in the dining room. The rules are very flexible on the first evening. We generally travel the day before, so we are not wearing our travel clothes the first day. A good thing, because I always feel so rumpled after a long day of travel. Not just my clothes, but my hair, my skin, all of me needs to be freshened up. Just the thought of it makes me want to jump into a big warm bathtub, full of bubbles!

It's kind of funny what differing opinions people have. I think jeans would be very uncomfortable to travel in, I prefer a softer fabric, usually a knit that is easier to sit in for hours at a time.

It is very seldom that you don't have your luggage before dinner. But if you haven't gotten it yet it is fine to wear whatever you board with. There will be other people who don't have their luggage yet too.

I find jeans very comfortable to travel in. They don't wrinkle, keep my legs warm on the chilly plane and I look good in jeans. I usually wear a black or tan pair so unless you really want to pay attention to my lower half it looks as good as khakis or the black pants that everyone else wears.

I wore jeans to travel from Iowa to Germany. There was no way I was going to be comfortable on the plane for 8 + hours no matter what I was wearing and I wanted to look a little nice so I wore nice jeans and a sweater. With that said, I'll wear jeans on the planes to and from in January because it'll be cold here. But we're spending a couple extra days before the cruise in Tampa so we can wear summery stuff to board the ship.

Ok, please don't slam me, but this is my opinion. I respect your opinion but I just have to give mine so please once again don't slam/bash me for it.

If you don't get your luggage on time to change, then I think they should let you wear jeans for dinner. In fact, if it was me and I wore jeans, didn't get my luggage in time to change, and they said, no, there would be hell raised and then some.

I respect the fact that you have more important things for your carry-on, and that you may not be able to carry a lot since you are on a cane, but even if you were not on a cane, I feel it's the job of the cruise line to get you your luggage on time to change. If they can't then that's their problem not yours. You should be free to board the ship in whatever attire you are comfortable in and not stress about it.

Rules are fine, but if the cruise line can't live up to their end then it's their problem. I would even sue the line if I was not allowed to wear what I had on and eat where I choose if they did not get my bags to me in time. I don't do buffets, and I would refuse to eat at one becuase I had jeans on if they didn't get me my luggage on time and they would be hearing from my attorney but first the entire cruise would be hearing (*_)&U)(&*87 from me. Nasty doesn't even begin to describe what my behavior would be like and that would set the tone for the entire cruise.

As for makeing fun, anyone childish enough to make fun of you because of what you are wearing, would get *)&)(&)&) from me. Please note this is not because you say you are on a cane, I feel this way period.

I wish you good luck and safe, healthy and happy travels.

The same black Target bootleg pants work with a T shirt, sneakers and denim jacket for casual days, with a sparkly top and heels for dinners or evenings and with flats and a slightly dressy top for smart casual nights.

Anna-Maria

How do you manage that? Any pants that I have that are bootleg have to be hemmed to either my flats or my heels (usually only 2.5") and can't be crossed. If I put on heels with the ones I was wearing all day in my flats, they'd be too short and I'd look like I'd grown out of my pants. (that's how cropped pants look to me). And if I wore the ones with the longer hems with a flat shoe, they would touch the floor and I'd ruin the fabric.

Jane

Archived