When do you find out your boarding time.....

ksmcdonald

At what point to you learn your staggered boarding time? I'm booked for June 3, 2017 on the Vista. Is it the people that book 1st get the 1st check-in times? Or do you request the check-in time you want? I didn't see in on Manage My Cruise page.

This is totally new for me, been cruising for many years and have never heard of this staggered boarding. Just got off RCL and nothing like that there.

You need to set up your online account, at that time you will pick your boarding time. It will then be printed on your boarding pass, which can't be printed until cruise is payed in full. From my experience, which has only been for the Glory next month out of Miami, it seems that the first person to set up their on line account chooses a time and it covers the entire cabin, much like FTTF. To my understanding there are only a few ports that requires a selected boarding time. I'm sure the earlier times book quick. You can always board later than the time printed on your boarding pass but not earlier. So I'm guessing you find out appointed time to board when you can pull up your boarding pass. Not sure if you have to be paid in full too just look at it or not. Hope this helps.

Edited by volmoma

Maybe there is not staggered boarding on the Vista. I've already done the online account, entered all my traveling information, including my dinning time, king bed, and passports, and emergency contacts. I've accepted the cruise ticket contract and set up an account for on board charges. No where did it ask me or show my boarding time.

The only thing I have not done is pay in full, as it is not due for 12 months. Maybe either Miami Vista cruises are not set up yet for that or I have to pay in full before it will let me request a boarding time? It says I can't print my boarding pass until I pay in full.

Staggered check in is not available on the Vista yet. Later this year maybe. I have heard May and I have heard later this summer.

It is staggered check in at the port, not staggered boarding. It eliminates so many people showing up at the same time. It has gotten favorable reviews so far in its first month. I am also a frequent RCI cruiser and am looking forward to trying staggered check in

Edited by dacsmom

At what point to you learn your staggered boarding time? I'm booked for June 3, 2017 on the Vista. Is it the people that book 1st get the 1st check-in times? Or do you request the check-in time you want? I didn't see in on Manage My Cruise page.

This is totally new for me, been cruising for many years and have never heard of this staggered boarding. Just got off RCL and nothing like that there.

You need to set up your online account, at that time you will pick your boarding time. It will then be printed on your boarding pass, which can't be printed until cruise is payed in full. From my experience, which has only been for the Glory next month out of Miami, it seems that the first person to set up their on line account chooses a time and it covers the entire cabin, much like FTTF. To my understanding there are only a few ports that requires a selected boarding time. I'm sure the earlier times book quick. You can always board later than the time printed on your boarding pass but not earlier. So I'm guessing you find out appointed time to board when you can pull up your boarding pass. Not sure if you have to be paid in full too just look at it or not. Hope this helps.

Clarification is needed. Miami, New Orleans, and Galveston (so far) have people choose a check-in time, NOT a boarding time. The check-in time is when passengers are allowed in the port building.

People who choose earlier check-in times will embark earlier as they checked-in earlier.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Please clarify check-in time vs. boarding time? I bought FTTF for The Dream on 7/3/16, but then selected the earliest check in time ( I'm thinking it was 10:30-11:00), and was advised by another member to keep FTTF since check in is not the same as boarding....more explanation would be great for this newbie. Thanks!

Edited by RicoMari

FTTF cannot and does not promise a boarding time, that is determined by when the ship is cleared for boarding. No one is guaranteed a boarding time. FTTF does guarantee a boarding order - after weddings, Platinum, Diamonds & Suites.

FTTF does guarantee a check in time - you can enter the terminal any time, regardless of what check in time you picked or were assigned.

I'm confused about this too. I'm sailing on the Dream out of New Orleans in October. I don't see anywhere on the website to choose a check in time. The next thing on my "to-do" list is online check in. Do you select it then or is it somewhere else?

Nevermind.. Found it. Looks like it is part of online check in.

Edited by Pyxie

I'm confused about this too. I'm sailing on the Dream out of New Orleans in October. I don't see anywhere on the website to choose a check in time. The next thing on my "to-do" list is online check in. Do you select it then or is it somewhere else?

Nevermind.. Found it. Looks like it is part of online check in.

From what I've heard you do have to do the online check-in in order to select your check in times. In my case, I'm sailing the Vista and since that ship has not sailed yet, they do not have the online option yet. You should be able to start your check-in process and select the time.

• 1 month later...
From what I've heard you do have to do the online check-in in order to select your check in times. In my case, I'm sailing the Vista and since that ship has not sailed yet, they do not have the online option yet. You should be able to start your check-in process and select the time.

I am sailing on the Vista out of Miami March 2017. I have completed my online check in process and my cruise is paid in full. Why can't I print my boarding pass? It still doesn't show a place to pick a check in time either.

Sue

I am sailing on the Vista out of Miami March 2017. I have completed my online check in process and my cruise is paid in full. Why can't I print my boarding pass? It still doesn't show a place to pick a check in time either.

Sue

Vista does not have check-in times yet.

Sue

It's too early to print boarding passes.

I was having the same issue for our May Vista cruise. We're paid in full and I completed the online check in thinking the staggered times would show up then. Still nothing. I called Carnival on Wed and was told they'll be available 6 months before the cruise. I've since purchased FTTF, so I guess it doesn't really matter, but it was driving me nuts!

People who choose earlier check-in times will embark earlier as they checked-in earlier.

Hope that clears things up a little.[/color][/size][/font]

Do they also get to set sail earlier? :D

Edited by travler27

Staggered check in is in place for Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, and New Orleans. It will be rolling out in Norfolk starting June 10, 2016.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180

I'm leaving on the Valor so I went back to my online check in and I could not find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Carnival.com

Upper left you will see EXPLORE / PLAN / MANAGE. Click on Manage

Then Click on Check In

Underneath Guest names Click on MY CHECK IN TIME(Setup Embarkation Time).

Select from Dropdown on Middle/Right of screen.

Click Continue to save your selected time slot.

Edited by LMaxwell

I called Carnival because I completed my on-line check-in & didn't see a time to select. The agent told me that you have to be paid-in-full before it will let you select a time.

THAT agent is totally wrong. I choose my check-in time long before I paid in full and that cruise final payment date is November something.

Staggered check in is not available on the Vista yet. Later this year maybe. I have heard May and I have heard later this summer.

It is staggered check in at the port, not staggered boarding. It eliminates so many people showing up at the same time. It has gotten favorable reviews so far in its first month. I am also a frequent RCI cruiser and am looking forward to trying staggered check in

it's june now and still no times for the vista.