Tendering in Monaco

sotiris

I am trying to find out where the tenders actually dock/land in Monaco. Our ship will be "docked" at Fontvieille and we will be there during the Historic Car Race. Our ultimate goal is to get to the Palace and the aquarium. The last time we were there, we docked at Port Hercules and eventually found an elevator that took us up to where we got the tourist train. Any help greatly appreciated.

I think it depends where our ship is anchored. Our ship anchored outside the main yacht and ship harbor. The tender brought us to the same area where cruise ships tie up. I took an elevator up to a walkway that eventually lead to a cruise departure area higher up, and its exit on a street led directly to the large Cousteau marine museum. The street continued to the church where Princess Grace and Prince Ranier are buried and then led to the large court in front of the palace. We watched the changing of the guard and then bought tickets to tour the Palace, which was not ( tourist area) very fancy.

Hope this helps.

stan

I couldn't find much info that I could rely on for where the tenders or ship tie up and it may be weather dependent. For our 03 June stop HAL says we tender, port info says we tie up and may have to wait and see.

Tom's Port guide link below has some great info from 2012 about where things are in Monaco & most important where the lifts/elevators are. He has some photos of the race barricades.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/monaco-06-20-2012.pdf

Sightcrr

Thanks SightCRR.

Tom's Guides are wonderful. It will be interesting or frustrating to see how much of an impact the race, even though not the BIG one will have on our stay. I read some where that private yachts are using the main harbour but I can't remember if that is just for the main race or for the Historic one, too.

On the main HAL site Bill and Mary Ann are in several of the same ports this week. Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2292232&page=28

They have lots of photos on their blog site.

http://cruisingwithbillandmaryann.blogspot.com/

You can see what the cities looked like this week but where they tied up or tendered may be different.

Sightcrr