First timers. Ride rates

sydneymate

This will be our first cruise and first time at this port so a little apprehensive. Have researched the forum and will stick to Magens Bay as soon as we disembark from the ship. Any idea how much will it cost for 2 adults and 2 kids to get there? From there we plan to take a cab to Charlotte Amalie and walk around there and then head back to the ship. It will be greatly appreciated if someone can please advice how much will it cost our family of 4 in transportion to the beach , town and back to the ship. Thank you.

Edited by sydneymate

This link will at least give you a ball park of what it will cost. http://www.**********/cruise/getting-around-dock-info/ Edited to add: I don't know why it keeps subbing **** in but the missing piece is vinow . com without the spaces. All prices are per person per way

You will need to find out if you are docked at Havensight or Crown Bay as there are some minor differences in price. Taxis in St Thomas can really add up and unfortunately it does not look like children are given a discounted fare.

Good Luck and enjoy St Thomas!

Edited by SeasideMemories

thanks for the link. Just had to google it and it popped up. Seems like i will be spending close to $90 for the trip to Megans Bay including the entry fee. If I hire a private cab to take me around for a few hrs how much am I expecting to pay??:confused:

No need to be apprehensive about checking out nice beaches or sightseeing on St Thomas. Taxis are plentiful (and cheap IMHO although it addes up with a larger family) and the main mode of transport and you'll spend about $20pp round trip to a nice beach. Magens happens to be the most popular and so the most crowded.

Tell us what ship you're on as there are beaches closer to both Havensight and Crown Bay for about 1/2 the taxi fare is that is a concern.

We will be cruising on the Royal Caribbean. Any other advice/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Need the ship name as RCCL docks at both ports. Also what date are you there?

Any other islands you have questions on you can post to those forums as well...:)

The cruise ship schedule at vinow dot com shows which dock each ship is scheduled to dock at, either Havensight or Crown Bay on this map -

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/maps/st-thomas-island-road-map.html

If docked at Havensight, Morningstar Beach is closest and a nice beach.

If docked at Crown Bay, Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald beach) would be a great choice.

The East End beaches (Secret Harbor, Sapphire, Smith Bay/Lindqvist Beach and Coki are arguably the nicest beaches, but these others along with Magens are also nice.

You can learn more about the beaches by reading other threads and by using the search function here.

Edited by blue_water