Just off Magic

gbutzin

I am 40 wife 33 and two girls 10 and 14. We bought Faster to the Fun and it was fantastic. I enjoyed breezing through security and having my room ready when I boarded the ship.

We were in room 1267 ocean view. Loved having two bathrooms one with tub for getting ready every night.

Food all week was hit or miss at dinner. I like the old menus and feel the new menus are a cut back with less choices . Of course Lobster night fantastic and the same with melting cake. The choices just weren't as nice and also this was our first time doing anytime dining and I felt the service was hit and miss. When I have standard dining they always seem to be on their game.

The lunch fare fantastic as always , Guys burgers wonderful, Guys barbecue wonderful!! We also enjoyed Cucina for lunch and Blue Iguana.

Entertainment let down this trip. Consuelo Ivey talked most of her show and he music about put me to sleep. Great voice Debbie downer show... Legends show runs its course with me and the welcome show just awful. They need playlist productions on this ship. On a positive Schwartz the cruise director was excellent.. Entertainment really needs work.

The ship itself beautiful. Hot tubs everywhere you could look. Very nice atrium.

Ports of call we loved going to Mr Sanchos in Cozumel a fantastic day well worth our money !! Cave tubing in Belize awesome and the best stop Roatan was the best island I have visited . It was beautiful and we snorkeled with Roatan Eco tour. I highly recommend !! Best reef I have snorkeled and Allesandro did a great job.

Overall great time with family and friends. I just wish Carnival would change their menus back!!

We are excited to sail on the Magic next Spring Break. We have 41 people going in our group. I just got off the Sunshine and actually really enjoyed the American Table menu. I personally prefer set time dining. But that's because I like getting to know the wait staff team. For me, it adds so much to my cruise.

Thank you for your review!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Curious about the arcade. Did your children use it? If so, how does it work? Do you use your sign and sail card and get charged per game you play? Do you get a separate card and then charge it up with money?

We are excited to sail on the Magic next Spring Break. We have 41 people going in our group. I just got off the Sunshine and actually really enjoyed the American Table menu. I personally prefer set time dining. But that's because I like getting to know the wait staff team. For me, it adds so much to my cruise.

Thank you for your review!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We like getting to know the wait staff, too. If you find a waiter you like, you can always ask for their section when you check in for anytime dining. We've done anytime dining for the last 3 cruises and have had the same waiter for all 3 (on 2 different ships)!

Curious about the arcade. Did your children use it? If so, how does it work? Do you use your sign and sail card and get charged per game you play? Do you get a separate card and then charge it up with money?

The games use your S&S card. Yes, you are charged per game and per how many times you play it. It can add up quick.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We are sailing in June on her and looking forward to it. Quick question, was the muster drill held in lounges or outside at the muster stations? My parents are traveling with us and my mom doesn't do well having to stand in one spot for a long period of time and she hates to be "accommodated" too. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are fresh off the Magic too from Spring Break. LOVED the CD - Schwartz. The lines weren't too bad except for early morning port days when everyone was trying to eat breakfast before getting off the ship. I would recommend room service for those days - it would be much quicker.

With it being Spring Break there were a lot of teens aboard. Our group had 4 teenagers (16,15 girls & 15, 14 boys). I know they said there was free rain in the Club O2 or where ever they were. Not much supervision at all. They still enjoyed it but it was a little concerning because they didn't tell us til after the cruise was over.

We visited Mr. Sanchos Beach in Cozmel and been there before. LOVED IT. We made reservations online before hand - which is recommended. We went thru Beach Tours Mexico online and got a $5 discount.

Not much in Belize so we stayed on the ship for most of the day and loved it. So nice to have only a hand full of people onboard for a change.

In Rotatan we went to Little French Key. http://www.littlefrenchkey.com We made reservations online for it too. This was by far my favorite. I love the ocean but only clear water and don't care for the beach much. Their pool was the ocean and it was awesome. Miguel at the swim up bar was the best! It's pricey but well worth it. (side note) 2 things - 1st the walk outside the gates it a pretty good walk. It's not just outside the cruise port but it's way outside the gates period. Not a terrible walk but if you have older folks or little children it was something I wasn't expecting. 2nd - Little French Key offers kids 1/2 off. So the adults can pay the base package which only includes access and then get the higher package for the kids because it includes food and more stuff. Drinks were $5-$7 each but stout. Our family of 3 adults spent close to $200 for access, eating and drinking and I consider that pricey but the atmosphere was so worth it. It truly is a paradise.:)

The entertainment at night is pretty important to us so not really happy about this! We saw Consuelo Ivey on the Breeze and really liked her. She did not talk much and was great. Big crowds and dancing every night. We want to hear music and not talking. Are there any other musicians playing? What about Red Frog Pub or comedians?? Thanks so much!