Price reduction

blackpool belle

I have cruised before but never with P & O.

I am interested in a cruise in September 2016.

There are lots of cabins left in every category so I was wondering what the chances are of a price drop and if so when would that be likely ?

Not quite sure how you know that there are lots of cabins left. However trying to predict what the prices will be in the future is not a science there are no rules.

You just have to look every day. You may find the prices go up.

If the prices have not moved at all then that is a sign of the cabins selling well. If that continues then no reduction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are lots of cabins left in every category so I was wondering what the chances are of a price drop and if so when would that be likely ?

Sept 16 ,it's a little early to be looking at any sort of price drop yet. When early savers come out see what level they are at, compared to select. If not much difference then probably selling OK..

Of course certain categories may sell out before it gets down to early saver, let alone saver fares.

Thing is they can play around with select fares so much now, with the a!ount of OBS they offer, that they may be a better deal, than waiting for a saver fare.

The cheapest deals are often available 120 - 90 days out from sail date. Even cheaper deals are available closer to sail date. Having said this many will totally sell out leaving nothing with the most popular itineraries, more popular ships and the cheapest cabins if not all cabins selling totally out. In other words it is a total gamble what will happen pricewise and availability.

You can make an educated guess at it though. Is it outside school holidays, is the itinerary repeated many times, is the ship less popular, are Ant and Dec holding a Strictly Come Dancing or other theme. All these will lead me to believe the prices are going to end up shaky.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

You have not said which cruise and ship interests you and this will certainly have a major impact on its saver price.

One off itineraries generally sell well and can increase in price, all Aurora cruises seem to sell well, whereas routine itineraries, like Med cruises including both Rome and Florence usually have the best saver deals.

I have noticed that September is a busy time, weather still good and all the little darlings are back in school. If you need a bargain mid Nov to just before Christmas is the best.

Thanks for the advice all...I was looking at the British Isles cruise on the 2nd September. Seems from your comments P & O operate much the same as other cruise lines then as to when they reduce ( if at all) their prices.

Edited by blackpool belle

Thanks for the advice all...I was looking at the British Isles cruise on the 2nd September. Seems from your comments P & O operate much the same as other cruise lines then as to when they reduce ( if at all) their prices.

Now I have seen the cruise you want I think that reductions may well be scarce as this is not a regular cruise and by the looks of the prices now they are holding up.