A few thoughts from our recent Ecstasy cruise

slyman17

Nice and unbiased review. We sail her on 07 May and our expectations are high but the reality is near because I am 54 and not a fool. I know things can go wrong, and be wrong, but I choose to make the best and keep the fact close that it beats sitting at home or work any day. I will make it magical for me and my family. We deserve it. I have seen people whine about the smell, the waits, the service etc, and it gets old and I refuse to let it ruin my time. Thanks again.

Nice and unbiased review. We sail her on 07 May and our expectations are high but the reality is near because I am 54 and not a fool. I know things can go wrong, and be wrong, but I choose to make the best and keep the fact close that it beats sitting at home or work any day. I will make it magical for me and my family. We deserve it. I have seen people whine about the smell, the waits, the service etc, and it gets old and I refuse to let it ruin my time. Thanks again.

You're absolutely right! The food was just okay for us, but the cruise as a whole was really great! We really had a blast. A lot of fun and relaxation! Have fun in May!!!

Yes… the elevators were very wonky. One told you "Lido Deck" no mater what deck you were on and flashed "10" so it made it very confusing.

We were not given a card but our cabin steward asked morning or night… we chose morning and that was plenty for us.

(Just came off the Ecstasy yesterday!)

Yes… the elevators were very wonky. One told you "Lido Deck" no mater what deck you were on and flashed "10" so it made it very confusing.

We were not given a card but our cabin steward asked morning or night… we chose morning and that was plenty for us.

That's funny! I guess I never really paid attention to what deck it was saying in that weird electronic voice, and I'm jealous as hell that you went to Half Moon Cay!!:D But that's alright, I will be there in June!!!!

We leave on April 30th, I feel like a kid on Christmas Day. I know we will have a great time. We live just out side of Wilmington NC, so it will take a little less than 4 hours to get to Charleston. Do we still go through gate 2 to drop luggage, what time did they open the gate?

We leave on April 30th, I feel like a kid on Christmas Day. I know we will have a great time. We live just out side of Wilmington NC, so it will take a little less than 4 hours to get to Charleston. Do we still go through gate 2 to drop luggage, what time did they open the gate?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. We stayed at a park and ride hotel and took a shuttle to the terminal, so I'm not sure about the gates.

http://www.scspa.com/documents/Directions_to_Gate.pdf

http://www.scspa.com/wp-content/uploads/carnival-ecstasy-embark-debark-2016.pdf

Above is directly from the Ports Authority website. Still gate "2". We live about 15-20 minutes away and generally go around 10am to drop off luggage, go back around 11-11:15 to get in line to park. Times do vary depending on Carnival/Coast Guard/whatever...

Have a wonderful cruise!

Bobsfamily, why do you drop your luggage early if you are parking there? Does it save you anything when you go back to park? It seems like you still have to drive through the maze and the luggage drop off. And do you go home in between or park elsewhere and walk around downtown? Just trying to understand the rationale to see if it is something we want to consider doing,

Bobsfamily, why do you drop your luggage early if you are parking there? Does it save you anything when you go back to park? It seems like you still have to drive through the maze and the luggage drop off. And do you go home in between or park elsewhere and walk around downtown? Just trying to understand the rationale to see if it is something we want to consider doing,

LOL, generally we are being dropped off by our daughter/friends so yes we go somewhere and have a beer or snack with them... this time we are parking so not sure if we will do the double run thru or not. Might as it seems our luggage comes to the cabin almost as soon as we board (Plat.) and go to the cabin. One time we went early to drop off luggage and were with another couple going as well, they had handicap parking, we were going to come back but they allowed us to get in line for that parking. We had some "adult' beverages in the car so we sipped,talked and listened to some reggae. Made the time go by and boarding went smoooooothly!

Did you all do any excursions at the ports?