Crown and Anchor Points - How does it work sailing with kids

Starting to get a little confused.

Wife and I do a couple cruises every year with our daughter. For booking purposes we always put me & daughter in 1 room, wife in the other.

Up until our most recent reservation, I have received C&A points for both cabins in my name. I am the only one with a C&A account.

For our most recent booking, no issues putting in my C&A number for room that me and daughter are in, but our travel agent is saying system will not take my C&A number for the wife's room (said it doesn't match).

Are we suppose to have a different number for me, my wife, and my daughter, or is something messed up?

You can't put your name in both cabins, so not sure how you did that before.

Each person gets points for the room that they are in. You and your wife should each have your own number, and they can be linked so that you and your wife continue to show the same points earned/statuses will match.

Your daughter can get her own account. Not sure what age she can do that, but she can be linked to yours for status purposes. Her actual point total will be what she earns for each sailing she goes on.

Edited by marci22

Wife and I do a couple cruises every year with our daughter. For booking purposes we always put me & daughter in 1 room, wife in the other.

Up until our most recent reservation, I have received C&A points for both cabins in my name. I am the only one with a C&A account.

For our most recent booking, no issues putting in my C&A number for room that me and daughter are in, but our travel agent is saying system will not take my C&A number for the wife's room (said it doesn't match).

Are we suppose to have a different number for me, my wife, and my daughter, or is something messed up?

We have a different number for every person - if your daughter is not 18 yet, she will be earning her own points for every cruise she is on. She will have the same status as you until she is 18 - she then keeps that status until she has enough points to move up on her own.

Yes, you can get everyone their own C&A number--even your child. If you log into the website and look at your profile info, on the box on the left will be your points and level and underneath will be a link to add a family member. You can then go and add your wife and child and add their past cruise history.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can't put your name in both cabins, so not sure how you did that before.

Each person gets points for the room that they are in. You and your wife should each have your own number, and they can be linked so that you and your wife continue to show the same points earned/statuses will match.

Your daughter can get her own account. Not sure what age she can do that, but she can be linked to yours for status purposes. Her actual point total will be what she earns for each sailing she goes on.

Kids can have their own C&A number as soon as they sail. After 18 you can create a separate online account for them to see their own points and status. Before that you can link them with your online account.

Either call Royal or have your TA call and have your wife set up with her own account. If she has been travelling in her own cabin then she would be earning double points and had twice as many as you and your daughter. You and your daughter will both share your wife's higher status.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

[/QUOT

thanks everyone.

yea just figured it out. I was getting double points because I was book in a cabin by myself (I wasn't getting points for the other cabin).

E]

Well, something is not quite right here. In the OP it is stated that the wife is in a cabin by herself. In his later post he says he was getting the double points because he was in a cabin by himself. He should have known from the beginning, who he was paying a single supplement for.

thanks everyone.

yea just figured it out. I was getting double points because I was book in a cabin by myself (I wasn't getting points for the other cabin).

Your wife will have the same status as you anyway - so that doesn't matter, but you should get them their own C&A numbers - especially your daughter.