Md 20/20

VgsBby

Crazy question, anyone ever get hassled for bringing on a bottle of MD 20/20? It's wine, right?

Ben

I didn't know that was still made. Wow! Isn't it a malt liquor? Or was that the St. Ides or whatever that stuff was back in the 90s. It's either "wine" or a beer. If beer, you're not bringing it on.

Now that you are cruising, isn't it time to step it up to the finer wines - like Wild Irish Rose, Night Train, Thunderbird, Ripple (red OR white), or my personal favorite, Bali Hi. Ummmm.

But to impress the ladies, the old favorite of an S S and Kool. Italian Swiss Colony's Silver Satin with Kool-Aid powder poured in the bottle.

I'll stop now; I'm feeling a bit nauseous.

You are silly!!! LOL :p

I didn't know that was still made. Wow! Isn't it a malt liquor? Or was that the St. Ides or whatever that stuff was back in the 90s. It's either "wine" or a beer. If beer' date=' you're not bringing it on.[/quote']

Believe it or not, MD 20/20 is indeed a wine. Technically it's a "fortified wine", which means it is made from fermented grapes and other fruit, and then fortified with an alcoholic spirit (usually brandy) or with extra sugar during fermentation to increase the alcohol content. MD 20/20 is the latter type.

Edited by gtalum

Oh the MD 20/20 days! I remember bringing a bottle ice fishing with my brother and his buddy. They started guzzling the stuff down and I told them to slow down. It was no use, all I got back was "this is like kool-aid"! Needless to say, I soon was fishing in purple water and had a heck of a time dragging them back to the car!

Yeah, those MD 20/20 days are best forgotten.

But thinking back to those days... Can't forget turning on the charm and bringing a bottle of Giacobazzi Lambrusco on a date. What a suave and debonair fellow I was! :D

Wow, Giacobazzi. I forgot about that one. It was my upscale favorite.

The one and ONLY time my dad and I ever drank together ..we were at a get together with some cousins and my cousin opened some MD 20/20 and then we all proceeded to get trashed quite by accident. ROFL my dad was uber peeved that he got the hangover and me and my cousins did not:D fond memory of early adulthood...

Best thread EVER! Enjoyed a bottle of TJ Swan while reading!

Holy cow, I haven't thought of TJ Swan wines since the 80's! The last time I had that stuff I was wearing parachute pants and a Def Leopard English Flag muscle shirt! I might have had a mullet at that time too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Holy cow, I haven't thought of TJ Swan wines since the 80's! The last time I had that stuff I was wearing parachute pants and a Def Leopard English Flag muscle shirt! I might have had a mullet at that time too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] bwahhahaha

We used to make a punch out of Grave's (appropriate name) :) Grain Alcohol and fruit punch (like 49 cents a gallon at Cumberland Farms back in the day)

Trust me a hangover was the least of the problems I woke up with in the morning. *LOL*