11AM flight out of Venice - too early ?

downundermatt

My Cruise finishes in Venice at 8am, and am hoping to make a flight out at 11am.

(this is my only option using points)

The Cruise is a Venice roundtrip, so doubt Immigration will be a hassle (altho we hold Australian not EU passports)

Will this be sufficient time to reach the airport ?

(plan on checking in online the day prior)

Hi, personally I think that's too tight of time frame.. If there happens to be any delays with ship, or customs, etc. also take into account travel time to airport, faster by bus, but by boat I believe it's 45min to 1 hr. Plus if international flight u need to arrive 2 hrs early. That adds up to 3 hrs, which means being off the ship st 8, for 11:00 flight. It really isn't realistic.

For me adding in anxiety of rushing to gett on the plane on time, to the end of a holiday, just adds stress that u don't need. Do u have ability to spend a day in Venice, maybe leave the next day with points? Could get hotel on lido, or near airport and avoid high prices in Venice.

Hope all works well

it can be done , you need to carry your bags off and get tickets to be first off the ship and grab a taxi to the airport , it should take about 30 mins to get there . i would hope to be in the airport by 9:00am.

If there are no hold ups

I would make sure you check in online before you get to the airport. I did it in the taxi on the way and it saved a lot of time in line. They had separate check in line for those who had already checked in online. If you don't have internet on your phone pay ship internet mins and check in online.

Also pre book taxi. There is not many right as you exit the ship so the taxi line was very long and chaotic. I found a guy on Trip advisor and he was there waiting. 45 euro to the airport and he had us there in about 20 mins.

I originally had a 10:45 am flight from Venice and after checking I got nervous and changed to a later much more inconvenient flight and had to pay change fees. In hindsight we easily would have made the 10:45 am flight.

Both weeks we were onboard the Jade it cleared at 8am so one could walk off at that point. All the luggage was sitting there easily found by coded areas. Just grab yours according to the coded area, I think it was coded by debarkation time, and walk out to find the taxi driver holding your name.

Once at VCE it is very chaotic but there are employees directing the almost gridlock of passengers. Once checked in and allowed to gate it is less chaotic.

Totally depends on your comfort level. And what it would costs if you miss the flight.

it's only a 20 minute ride to the airport, so assuming you are off the ship and in a cab by 8:30am you 'should be' ok. Have a car reserved ...there were cabs at the pier but none were available; they were all reserved. Also, find out how many ships are in port that day ... several ships means 20,000+ pax milling about and potentially heading to the airport at some point.

Venice airport is as chaotic as everyone says. Our last flight out of venice was at noon, we arrived at 9:30am and only had 10-15 minutes to spare before they started boarding the plane.

Woops -- it send by accident before I was finished.

I had an 11:45 flight out two years ago -- got off the ship at 8:30 ((first off) had a private transfer arranged, got to the airport by 9 and encountered a line out the door. Had we not been able to go to the premier checkin in line we would have been much too close to missing the fight for comfort. This June we are taking the train to Rome -- ship scheduled for 7AM arrival but they show disembarkation at 9AM (or course we might end up being able to disembark earlier but there is no guaranty). We briefly considered the 9:30 train but decided that would be too stressful and booked the 10:30 instead. There is no way I would book an 11AM flight.But if you do make sure you have a back up plan.