New Shops....Any good deals???

Ready 2 Go

Just off the Splendor and Glory in March. Carnival has switched over to Effy jewelry to sell there precious metal jewelry. They have another company that is responsible for watches, makeup etc.People from Effy were knowledgable and eager to assist. All other areas the type of service you received was spotty.

This is a GREAT lesson for everyone who thinks that when they buy bigger ticket items like watches and jewelry on board ships and in foreign "duty free" ports they are getting a significant savings over what they could buy back home or on line. Often the correct answer is NO. Often the quality winds up being less than they were led to believe. Seriously, in this day and age, if you really, really NEED something or even just GOTTA HAVE IT, you're much better off shopping locally or on line. And booze is no exception.

I totally agree with you....IMHO, shopping on board a ship is in reality, just another form of entertainment for many...;)

there just didn't seem to be anything worth considering - prices had increased significantly and not for seemingly-any-more-interesting items, either!

The Glory Fun Shops had a very small selection of Carnival logo items. Very disappointed.

I'll echo the above post regarding the Splendor.

Jewelry is exclusively EFFY - which seemed to put a big slow down on jewelry purchase. Good for that brand to have full attention...but if you are not a fan of their product - no one is going to buy. I'm no expert regarding onboard jewelry purchases, but I did not see much movement.

As for the rest of the shops - ship models went down in price (a good move - and my favored shipboard souvenir) to $29 - everything else - meh...

An observation we did make was that the "sales" that clog up the walkways with cheap junk were fewer and less cumbersome. So that's a plus - but I don't think this vendor change is a real positive. Unless it's positive when you spend less in the shops! :)

We were on the Conquest last month. The Conquest has the new shops. We always look at watches. Selection went down and prices up.

We have bought several Citizens watches on the ships over the years and the prices we paid couldn't be touched at home.

A general observation was the few times we went into the jewelry/watch shop each time the watch person were helping a ship staffer. Outside of that, basically a ghost town.

Edited by l2f

We were on the May 21st Valor cruise and didn't like the new shops. The selection was very limited. There were no kids items, few t-shirts and everything seemed to be a little more expensive. We didn't buy a single thing at the shops during the cruise.