What to do in Kuala Lumpur for the day??

We have never been to Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia before.

I know Kuala Lumpur is quite a big and busy city... (From photos/Video I have seen on the internet).

So I was wondering what is their not to miss in Kuala Lumpur?? & what would you recommend doing here for the day??

Any ideas / suggestions are very welcome :)

The ship will organise something. Take the Highlights tour that includes a trip up the Petronas Tower. At least that way you will get up. The day we went on our own there was a 2 hour wait to go up.:eek:

Otherwise there are heaps of taxis touting for business. Take your pick and negotiate an hourly rate.Its quite a long drive from the port to the City.

Research KL on Trip Advisor. Then when you are there I would suggest Hop on Hop off bus, stop at the places you have found during your research. Then Shop. Try and fit in a foot massage, you will come out walking on air. Love KL.

The cruise dock itself is hidden amongst mangroves and part of a massive industrial port area. It's a fair walk down a long, covered walkway just to get out of the terminal building. & there is nothing within walking distance of the port. Once outside there will be buses for shore exc and taxis. If taking a taxi allow at least an hour each way to the city for traffic. If you do go to the city, there are brilliant shopping malls and markets and hawker streetfood areas also. Some shopping malls are tailored to just one type of thing, eg 6 levels of just electronic goods. I would go the top of the K.L tower for great views. It's fairly tall and built on a hill so the views of the city are fantastic. Lots of old buildings inc the Railway one.

If you don't want to venture too far from the ship there is another big shopping mall that has activities attached like a water park called Sunway about 30 mins away.

I was there a week or so ago and did a Princess tour of Batu Caves, a pewter factory (was better than I thought it would be) and a boring museum. We had a lovely lunch in town in view of the Petronas Towers and saw a fair bit of the city from the bus.

It was ok, not our best shore day by a long shot. Normally I'd be more inclined towards getting the shuttle and poking around town myself but it was obscenely hot so even though the attractions were middling to average, we were grateful to be spending the majority of our day on a cold comfortable bus. (And we are youngish and fit.)

If you do visit the Towers note the sky bridge between the two is closed for work at the moment, you can still go to the observation deck up top though.

Research KL on Trip Advisor. Then when you are there I would suggest Hop on Hop off bus, stop at the places you have found during your research. Then Shop. Try and fit in a foot massage, you will come out walking on air. Love KL.

I would second this suggestion, research on TA. Someone has suggested Petrona Towers, yes great, but tickets are sold only on the day and sell out by about 8am, so if they are really on your list I think you would have to do a ship's tour to be sure of going up.

China Town, Little India, shopping malls ( Times Square is a pretty good one and incorporates a huge roller coaster). Lots to see and do in KL, depends on your interests. Enjoy.

We have never been to Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia before.

Poor old Stu ... he is not going to get there this time either...... ship out of dry dock and still having engine problems....

From Stu on F B

Just found out that we wont be able to go to Kuala Lumpur as the Sun Princess cant go full speed: "Due to the ships inability to achieve full speed." :(

Which one is doing the World Cruise this year? Sun or Sea.

When I saw the message earlier that he was about to embark in Singapore I thought as it was just out of dry dock that all is ok!. Even ships that are travelling well prior to dry dock seem to get messed up.

I would second this suggestion, research on TA. Someone has suggested Petrona Towers, yes great, but tickets are sold only on the day and sell out by about 8am, so if they are really on your list I think you would have to do a ship's tour to be sure of going up.

I was there in December and went to the ticket kiosk just before noon, bought a ticket for 1pm, went next door to the mall for lunch and then returned and went up the towers at 1pm. So they aren't always sold out beforehand - but it's a good rule of thumb to lock it in early if it's something you don't want to risk not doing.