When is preordered alcohol delivered to room?

Pkrpec

I'm sailing out of Galveston. The Cheers program does not start until the second day. If I preorder a bottle of Malibu, when will it be delivered to my room? I was hoping to have it day 1 since Cheers won't work yet, but I'm wondering if all drinks are delivered on day 2 out of Galveston. Thanks!

I'm sailing out of Galveston. The Cheers program does not start until the second day. If I preorder a bottle of Malibu, when will it be delivered to my room? I was hoping to have it day 1 since Cheers won't work yet, but I'm wondering if all drinks are delivered on day 2 out of Galveston. Thanks!

I've not sailed out of Galveston, but from what I've read here, for the same reasons CHEERS can't start day 1, liquor can not be delivered to your cabin until day 2....I'm sure someone will come along who has cruised from Galveston and state the same.

I'm sorry, but this is 100% incorrect. Sailed the Breeze last year and ordered a bottle of Crown from the Fun Shops. We were in our room checking it out as we boarded, probably around 2 PM and still in Miami. They knocked on the door and delivered it to us.

Was on the Breeze just a few weeks ago, and had pre-ordered a bottle of Crown again. It was already waiting for me in our room when we boarded.

I think Texas has different rules hence why the op asked.

It will be in your room when you board if you order it that way. We have sailed twice out of Galveston and it's always been there when we boarded.

I still don't understand the entire TX rules on alcohol. In January the beer glasses in the Red Frog were warm when I ordered a draft. The waitress told me the only draft beer they could serve in Galveston was the Red Frog, which was only available in the Red Frog. Therefore, a lack of cold glasses.

You could get all the mixed drinks and bottled beers you wanted, just no draft except Red Frog.

When I was on the Valor I called up room service and they delivered to my room a 40 ouncer of Gin. Room service brought limes every afternoon.... fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on Freedom outta Galveston last month. I went to Guest Sedvices to ask why my hottle of pre-ordered champagne wasnt in my cabin upon boarding. They said anything pre-ordered must he delivered by 9 pm, so I shouldnt worry unless it hadnt arrived by that time. Turned out just fine.

I predict you will never get it and the crew will drink and say they lost it lol. Just teasing. Second day because Texas liquor laws are antiquated at best. We can't buy liquor on Sundays till after noon. I guess the Baptists can't get to the liquor store before then ROFL.

I was just on the Freedom Mar 26th - Apr 2nd and we ordered 2 bottles of Crown and they were not delivered to us until the next day. That is the how it is when the ships leave Galveston, it is part of their laws. This is also why you cannot use Cheers on the first night either.

• 2 years later...