Benefit from past Carnival trips

smgardner

Hi All- I have not been here for a long time. This is probably a shot in the dark, but this is a good place to ask. My wife and I have done a couple of Carnival cruises. We recently booked a Holland America cruise to Alaska. It is bought and paid for. Is there any chance of perks, credit, etc from being Carnival members? We had not even thought about it. Somebody I know mentioned that there might be, thought I would weigh in here first.

Thanks!

You are eligible to be 1 Star Mariners, but you will have to request this and give them your other CCL cruise line cruise date. 1 Star Mariner status will get you invited to the Mariner's Luncheon. Enjoy, m--

Your TA needs to inform HAL that you have sailed on Carnival -- he/she needs to give HAL the date of those cruises.

Then when you get to the cruise terminal and check in, you will see a 1 star on your ID card.

The only perk you will get is being invited to the Mariners brunch/lunch.

Do you own Carnival stock? If so -- you can get shipboard credit by having your TA send in proof of ownership to HAL.

Your days on Carnival can not be combined with HAL's days.

Thanks All- I will forego. I dont own stock, nor do I care about the brunch. Thanks again.
The Brunch is where the Mariner Delft tiles are given out. If you do want one of those, ask at the front desk to have one delivered to your cabin.

You do NOT need to inform HAL that you have sailed Carnival. They already know. If, when you were booking the cruise online, they asked for a Mariner number, if you asked them to look it up, you would have found that you already had one. Happened to me, after my second Carnival cruise...started receiving HAL emails with Mariner number. My sister had one after her first Carnival cruise, having never sailed HAL. EM

The Brunch is where the Mariner Delft tiles are given out. If you do want one of those, ask at the front desk to have one delivered to your cabin.

When is the brunch held? do you get an invitation or just show up? this is our first HAL cruise on the Konningsdam!

You do NOT need to inform HAL that you have sailed Carnival. They already know. If, when you were booking the cruise online, they asked for a Mariner number, if you asked them to look it up, you would have found that you already had one.
A Mariner number doesn't automatically mean you're 1-star. My DB/DSiL were immediately given M #s when I made a booking for their first HAL cruise. Also, a friend who had sailed Princess and had a Mariner number still was not designated as 1-star on her HAL account or on her on-board key card on her first HAL cruise. It didn't matter to her, as she had a 2-star cabin mate to get them into the Mariner Brunch.

In fact, I think anybody can get a Mariner number simply by asking for one.

So, OP: if your HAL account does not show you as one-star, and you want to be, better email them.

When is the brunch held? do you get an invitation or just show up? this is our first HAL cruise on the Konningsdam!
Usually it is on a sea day near the end of the cruise, but sometimes there are so many Mariners aboard that they have to hold two. You should get an invite, but no one ever checks for them at the door. They really only matter if there are two brunches being done. Edited by jtl513

It is on a sea day and you will get an invitation if you qualify as a 1 star or more Mariner. It is a served meal with a set menu, not a buffet.

As said, if you have cruised on a Carnival company cruise line you will qualify. I suggest you contact whomever you booked through to have the Mariner status applied; you'll need the date of your previous Carnival company cruise - CCL includes Princess, HAL, Carnival, Cunard, Seaborn, P&O, Costa... and I may have missed someone...

m--

They really only matter if there are two brunches being done.
But now that I think about it, they do ask for an r.s.v.p. on the invite so that they can get an approximate head count, so if you don't get the invite it's best to go to the front desk and let them know. Edited by jtl513

In 2009, I did a Collector's Cruise, San Diego to Rome, 32 days. My first HAL cruise. The first segment was to FLL, and I didn't think I would get an invite to the Mariner's brunch. But I did, and I even got the 25 day pin. Second segment, I got invited again and got the 50 day pin. I haven't figured out how they were counting...After that, they changed to the star system. The old pins were so much nicer...EM