Captain Club Elite - is there a Ceremony?

captdave

I am also Elite plus and love the X benefits. I have been loyal for years but will never make Zenith. This year I decided to try another line. Last month I took my first cruise on Oceania Riviera. WOW ! We were in a PH suite ( 420 sq ft )You can bring on any liquor you want so I really did not miss X happy hour. If I could reach Zenith I would have stayed with X. Happy to answer any questions about Oceania. Yes I know they are more expensive, but worth it.

Wow I have just booked 2 cruises on Oceania and have not as yet sailed with them. The Riviera and Marina look like amazing ships with great facilities and a lot more space per passenger. I can't wait until October to try the line out. Surprisingly it was cheaper to cruise with them than Celebrity too.

My mum and I will be Elite on our next cruise (in theory we had enough points 2 days into our 11 day on the Equinox we are just back from!) and the main perk we are looking forward to is going to our favourite bar/lounge Sky Lounge for sunset! It's always closed for the elite cocktail hour then and now we can go - we will have the premium drinks package in July so it isn't even the drinks we are interested in - just the view!

Wendy

This time next month we will be Elite!!!

We know the normal perks posted online.

What are the secret perks of Elite, is there a Secret Ring & Handshake? Is it true, once a Cruise the Captain brings us up front and lets us steer?

21906940388_6ce836d57c_c.jpg

CaptDave

On the day you become an Elite, the Captain will call you to the bridge at 11:00PM. You will be attired in white. You will be taken to the wing of the bridge and annotated with the Captain's Elite Water poured over your head!

(This water is from the Head Office) There will be candles held by several officers and they will read you the rules and regulations for the Elites. After about 30 minutes, you will have 1 minute to thank the Captain and his Officers and you may retire to the Martini Bar for free drinks until they close! Congrats! Don't forget to wear your Elite Pin the rest of the cruise!

On the day you become an Elite, the Captain will call you to the bridge at 11:00PM. You will be attired in white. You will be taken to the wing of the bridge and annotated with the Captain's Elite Water poured over your head!

(This water is from the Head Office) There will be candles held by several officers and they will read you the rules and regulations for the Elites. After about 30 minutes, you will have 1 minute to thank the Captain and his Officers and you may retire to the Martini Bar for free drinks until they close! Congrats! Don't forget to wear your Elite Pin the rest of the cruise!

Damn, I knew it!

CaptDave

Also, don't forget that the women who become Elite at the ceremony receive a Celebrity tiara to wear on formal nights.

I wonder if the tradition will continue now that formal nights have been replaced by Evening Chic.

But even more impressive is the ceremony awarding the official Celebrity scepter (or sceptre, for the Brits) to those who qualify for Elite Plus.

200401852-001-woman-holding-cleaning-brush-portrait-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8sVwBDbTrPs6iGDlpe0rYu%2btCrzFmYUX76KjK1YIJjhVmx4QoWmrU8cKhhjX07d5nspwFIYPlJA4bj5FcdRTkA%3d%3d

Don't quote me on this, (just a heads up) but there was a rumor going around that this honor (or honour) will be reserved only for those achieving Zenith in the future.

Edited by varoo

I am also Elite plus and love the X benefits. I have been loyal for years but will never make Zenith. This year I decided to try another line. Last month I took my first cruise on Oceania Riviera. WOW ! We were in a PH suite ( 420 sq ft )You can bring on any liquor you want so I really did not miss X happy hour. If I could reach Zenith I would have stayed with X. Happy to answer any questions about Oceania. Yes I know they are more expensive, but worth it.

I am also Elite Plus...and sort of laugh about "Zenith"...I figure that, if we continue to cruise at our current rate (about 3 to 4 cruises a year) and do them all on Celebrity, we will make Zenith when I am 97!

That said, we've cruised Oceania three times--the most recent one in an Oceania Suite on Marina--16 nights in Europe...1000+ square feet, living room, dining room, Media Room, two bathrooms, walk-in closet, three large screen TVs including one on the balcony above the private Jacuzzi...Butler and Assistant Butler, Cabin Steward and two assistant cabin stewards...Full bar stocked with premium bottles of rum, scotch, gin and vodka as well as red and white wine, champagne and a full array of mixers...Often, I never mixed my own drinks--one of the Butlers would come in and mix it and serve me! Quite a different experience altogether...Of course, I told my wife "Don't count on doing this often--for what this costs, we can go on six very nice cruises!"

And, even with all of that, I sort of missed my Elite Drinking Hours on Celebrity. For me, it's not that I get "free drinks"--it's sitting at a regular table with friends made onboard, the great service by the wait staff in the Elite Lounge...and more...It is a special daily activity for us on the cruise--something I look forward to every night. I drink as a social thing--so, having a Butler pour me a drink in my cabin is just not the same thing...

But, back to the Secret Ceremony:

Here is how it works: On the second night of the cruise, the new Elite members are to report to the Lawn Club (Rooftop Terrace if on an M-Class) and remove all of their clothes, link arms and dance the "can-can", then run around the jogging track three times...At this point, you will be taught the secret handshake and presented with the special Elite pizza slice which, you must then take with you on a daily basis and present it for admission to the Elite Drinking lounge...