New Carnival Ship Fiesta ?

LaCal

I have a small hunch it may be the Carnival Horizon. Note I said CARNIVAL HORIZON. There is no other ship by that name....and it is totally usable by Carnival. There may be other Horizons, but not a Carnival one (if you're new to Carnival, the first name of every Carnival ship is well, Carnival).

I speculate this because the Celebration (before they adopted the Carnival first names on ships) Dining Rooms were the Vista and Horizon Dining Rooms. May be a reach, but I like it.

I do also love the sound of Carnival Vision though!

Edited by tropicaledrink

Just read that the new Carnival ship currently being built might of had its name leaked on Wikipedia by mistake

Wednesday it was listed on the site as Fiesta and was quickly taken down lol

Guess we'll find out by next year for sure

Why not wait until they announce it.

I got involved in this. I saw a blog that posted an entry yesterday declaring a possible "leak" from CCL. I went to the wikipedia page, and since I have a wikipedia account and have done edits in the past (this isn't bragging, literally anyone with internet access can edit wikipedia, which is the big reason you have to take anything on wikipedia with a grain of salt), I checked the edit history. A user with the handle MasterGarfield added the name fiesta to the wiki, when an edit is done, the user can enter a note why the info is being added, or a citation, showing a link to the source of the info. His note said " a lot of people are saying the second vista is called fiesta".

That was the basis of this speculation/rumor/silliness.

I took it upon myself to remove this info from wikipedia, and cite my entry with an article in which Carnival says the ship is as yet unnamed.

I got involved in this. I saw a blog that posted an entry yesterday declaring a possible "leak" from CCL. I went to the wikipedia page, and since I have a wikipedia account and have done edits in the past (this isn't bragging, literally anyone with internet access can edit wikipedia, which is the big reason you have to take anything on wikipedia with a grain of salt), I checked the edit history. A user with the handle MasterGarfield added the name fiesta to the wiki, when an edit is done, the user can enter a note why the info is being added, or a citation, showing a link to the source of the info. His note said " a lot of people are saying the second vista is called fiesta".

That was the basis of this speculation/rumor/silliness.

I took it upon myself to remove this info from wikipedia, and cite my entry with an article in which Carnival says the ship is as yet unnamed.

I'll be LMAO if it really does end up being called Fiesta, now.

Do you work for Carnival

If So can you definitely say that isn't the name

If not your just the same as the person who posted the name :confused:

Its still just scuttlebutt either way:rolleyes:

Dont know that it needs to. Dream,Magic, Breeze.

JH posted on FB it's name would be similar to Vista. So if you believe him, I know lots don't, it would need to be something at least remotely similar. Since we are all making a guess here, I like the name Carnival Seascape.

I have a small hunch it may be the Carnival Horizon. Note I said CARNIVAL HORIZON. There is no other ship by that name....and it is totally usable by Carnival. There may be other Horizons, but not a Carnival one (if you're new to Carnival, the first name of every Carnival ship is well, Carnival).

I speculate this because the Celebration (before they adopted the Carnival first names on ships) Dining Rooms were the Vista and Horizon Dining Rooms. May be a reach, but I like it.

I do also love the sound of Carnival Vision though!

the current ships. the jubilee, holiday, nor celebration had the word carnival in front of them.

Just for the record, Ford has an automobile called "Fiesta", and Plymouth had an automobile named "Horizon". So obviously, those names are not exclusive to cruise ships.

And both were small crappy cars, hardly befitting the name of the largest cruise ship in the Carnival fleet. ;)

If it plays on the Vista theme, the something like Panorama or Vision would be better.

I, personally, like Vision if Carnival used it to design a ship with an emphasis on the future of its brand. And a new cruise ship doesn't have to hold 6000 passengers and be 20 decks high.

I never believed in the Fiesta rumor for the same reason jimneda mentioned. JH has officially chimed in on it with one his letters...

John Heald

40 mins

Name: Simon --------

Message: Cruise Critic members have the news first yet again. The name of the new Carnival ship is Carnival FIESTA !!! You can read what people think of this name. ROTFLMAO

Sorry Simon but the name of the next new Carnival ship is not Fiesta. We will announce her name after the launch of Carnival Vista

Time to get off the floor, stop laughing and reattach your buttocks mate

Cheers

This place cracks me up. People are more inclined to believe that a random Wiki edit by a random user that heard rumors about the name is true than a brand ambassador. Likewise, people are more inclined to believe that JH fabricated a story in an attempt to attack CC than a forum member messaging him saying they think the potential name is a bad idea.

There are obviously some great people on here, but there are some people that are so anti-Carnival, or more specifically anti-John Heald that it blows my mind and makes me not surprised when people from his Facebook page criticize CC as being an anti-carnival cult.

This place cracks me up. People are more inclined to believe that a random Wiki edit by a random user that heard rumors about the name is true than a brand ambassador. Likewise, people are more inclined to believe that JH fabricated a story in an attempt to attack CC than a forum member messaging him saying they think the potential name is a bad idea.

There are obviously some great people on here, but there are some people that are so anti-Carnival, or more specifically anti-John Heald that it blows my mind and makes me not surprised when people from his Facebook page criticize CC as being an anti-carnival cult.

Actually I have found that the stuff he denies turns out to many times be true, and then he does a back peddle, while he oddly attacks those that point it out to him.

So I'm not surprised at the skeptics.

Couldn't agree more. It's pathetic. Especially this Je Souhaite character who stalks JH so much he probably knows when he takes bathroom breaks.

For me its about the people that come on CC and that don't work for Carnival and state facts one way or another.

It usually come from the pages of the evil monger FB

When it comes to JH Ive sailed with him and think he is a good CD but as a Brand Ambassador on FB he has come up with some wrong info over the years

whats ironic

If I remember correctly Isnt one of the riffs between CC and FB started with the Magic TA over a a meet and greet

Now JH will have to deal with CC personally since CC and CCL signed a contract to have an official CC Meet and Mingle

For me its about the people that come on CC and that don't work for Carnival and state facts one way or another.

It usually come from the pages of the evil monger FB

When it comes to JH Ive sailed with him and think he is a good CD but as a Brand Ambassador on FB he has come up with some wrong info over the years

whats ironic

If I remember correctly Isnt one of the riffs between CC and FB started with the Magic TA over a a meet and greet

Now JH will have to deal with CC personally since CC and CCL signed a contract to have an official CC Meet and Mingle

I had a friend in that cruise. The stories I heard about the threats that went on for that meet and greet we're horrid.

And then hearing everyone's favorite MD Ken Byrne getting attacked with a pipe was just so over the top.