New Tax free promo

Lou_70

I just called RCCL and had them compare my reservation (which I already had them do about a month ago and saved 150 pp).

The new tax free and no port charges saved me an additional 260 per stateroom. Since I had two staterooms it worked out pretty well.

I just got a Free Premium Liquor package :)

I suggest everyone call that can. ALso today is the last day of the lower priced pre paid gratuities.

I thought the old gratuities ended yesterday.

They did end yesterday, April 13th. I put a courtesy hold on a 2017 Navigator sailing with pre-paid gratuities last night. Tonight, I switched an on-board booking I had made over to the courtesy hold (to keep my on-board booking OBC bonus). I was able to keep the old gratuities rate, as expected (not that it's a lot of money, but my money all the same). :)

Authoritative source: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5520&faqSubjectId=415

I've never been in this situation before, but it looks like my cruise could be $350 or so less. Do I call my travel agent or RCI to get the better price? What do I ask them for?

If you booked through a TA, contact them instead of RCI. Regardless of whom you speak with, you want to ask for your booking to be re-priced with the current promotion (provided it is in fact lower as verified through the RCI web site, for your same category of stateroom :D).

Be aware, you could lose something like OBC (if you had any) if it is from RCI through a past sale promo that no longer applies (e.g. the WOW sale). OBC from your TA should not be affected with a re-pricing.

After re-pricing, check your updated booking confirmation carefully to ensure there are no surprises/errors.

I've never been in this situation before, but it looks like my cruise could be $350 or so less. Do I call my travel agent or RCI to get the better price? What do I ask them for?

Call whoever booked your cruise and ask for a price adjustment. Note that this is only available if you are before final payment date.

They would not let me change a next cruise booking I have to the new tax free promo - they said it is for new bookings only

If the tax free promo is less expensive, you might consider cancelling the Next booking and then re-booking with the new promo.

They would not let me change a next cruise booking I have to the new tax free promo - they said it is for new bookings only

I guess they are sticking to the new bookings only this time. They have been letting people just change their existing ones for all the other "sales"

It can't hurt to try and call again. RCL is not known for their consistency:)

Called my TA last night after seeing this. I have three cabins booked for October on Allure.

She called this morning. It is not a savings. I would loose all OBC and the price of the kids balcony cabins have gone up.

No thanks, sticking with what I got.

This is the second "special" they have offered since I deposited and neither one was better than what I have.

Now if they offer free drink packages I might have to reconsider.

I made my reservation on the 13th and checked the free gratuities box. I checked today to see if the free gratuities was there and it was not Instead my C&A discount was. So I called a few minutes ago to have them fix it. She told me it couldn't be fixed since the promotion was over (but it wasn't when I made the reservation). She said I had all year to see if other promotions would be offered. Didn't mention the free taxes one, however. I was in my car and decided to not argue with her but may see what another phone call will do.

Well just for fun I checked on this pp promo for our 12/31/16 Brilliance sailing. Much to my surprise, our JS fare was $1900 less than when I booked in January. Had to give up $625 in obc (kept $200), and while I'm no math wizard, rebooking was a no-brainer. Thanks RCCL for making me look!

If you booked through a TA, contact them instead of RCI. Regardless of whom you speak with, you want to ask for your booking to be re-priced with the current promotion (provided it is in fact lower as verified through the RCI web site, for your same category of stateroom :D).

Be aware, you could lose something like OBC (if you had any) if it is from RCI through a past sale promo that no longer applies (e.g. the WOW sale). OBC from your TA should not be affected with a re-pricing.

After re-pricing, check your updated booking confirmation carefully to ensure there are no surprises/errors.

Well, I called my travel agent and got the lower price. I did lose some OBC, but even factoring that in, I saved about $200. That was worth the 30 minutes of effort for me. Thanks for the guidance!

For fun I always price promos to my booked cruises. FOS 5/29 is beyond final payment so not worth the effort. Why agitate yourself, right? Anyway, in checking our 12/31 BR sailing, discovered the price for our JS was $1900 (yes nineteen hundred) less than when we booked in January. Gave up $450 of $650 obc but even this public school attendee figured that one out! Called TA, and 20 minutes later had new price and same cabin. Thanks RCCL for making me look!

The sale in spring 2014 was great too. It was the kids sale free promo. Basically passengers 3-6 in a room only pay taxes. We did 5 in a family ocean view for $2500 CDN for 7 days on freedom of seas.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

This sale was great, we cancelled our reso with our usual TA and went with another company.

This company's website was incorrect about the reduction, apparently it was entered in wrong and ended up doubling the savings. We ended up saving $700 for the two of us, instead of $350.

Within an hour after we booked, the website was fixed, lol.

Edited by csnarpy

I checked to reprice two cruises I have booked, but there was no reduction for taxes and port fees. Then I read the small print, and realized that this offer is for 2016 cruises, and my first one will be in February 2017. I'll still keep watching though. You never know when they might spring one that will be good for me.