EZ Air Question

ProfMHC

Trying to decide if we want to fly or drive to FLL for January 2017 cruise.

If I book flexible tickets with EZ Air can I cancel them without penalty if we decide to drive? We would make that decision for certain before the final cruise payment date. Thanks!

If I book flexible tickets with EZ Air can I cancel them without penalty if we decide to drive? We would make that decision for certain before the final cruise payment date. Thanks!

You can cancel up to 45 days before your cruise and get a refund for the EZ air payment.

I got a refund at 50 days when I booked directly with the airline for a cheaper rate.

The Princess website has info about EZair which allows cancelation up to 45 days before a cruise when booking flexible airfares which many times I've checked were less expensive than the restricted airfare: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/PC_PC_ezair.html#.VxBBno-cGUk

Flexible

Changes to Air Reservation: No fee until 45 days prior to departure. Fees apply within 45 days.

Cancellation: No fee until 45 days prior to departure. Fees apply within 45 days.

Payment Due: Same date as cruise final payment date Flight Disruption

You can cancel up to 45 days before your cruise and get a refund for the EZ air payment.

I got a refund at 50 days when I booked directly with the airline for a cheaper rate.

Being able to cancel up to 45 days is part of Flexible airfares but not for Restricted airfares which are "Allowed. An airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees" for any changes or cancelations.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Being able to cancel up to 45 days is part of Flexible airfares but not for Restricted airfares which are "Allowed. An airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees" for any changes or cancelations.

Yep :D

OP asked about flexible air and that is what my post was referring :) :)

Thanks for the info about restricted. I did not even know that you could get any money back for those fares. :)

Yep :D

OP asked about flexible air and that is what my post was referring :) :)

Thanks for the info about restricted. I did not even know that you could get any money back for those fares. :)

Sorry that I neglected to notice the OP asked about flexible EZair. :o

Thanks to all! I had noticed that air was not covered by any of the Princess trip insurances so we will definitely make up our mind before that 45 day deadline so not to incur any penalty for changing our mind. And yes, at least for our trip, the flexible fare was less expensive than the restricted. Who knows why? Can't ever figure out how/why airlines do things!

Thanks to all! I had noticed that air was not covered by any of the Princess trip insurances so we will definitely make up our mind before that 45 day deadline so not to incur any penalty for changing our mind. And yes, at least for our trip, the flexible fare was less expensive than the restricted. Who knows why? Can't ever figure out how/why airlines do things!

Hi..Princess Vacation Protection does cover EZair in the event of trip interruption and/or cancellation. If you are talking about the 45 days from the time the flight is scheduled and you fly I'm sure you are right. If you cancel the EZair in that 45 day window, but not the cruise..you will definitely incur penalties. Also check with the credit card company you use. We found out we have quite a bit of travel coverage just for using the card.

I also don't understand the flex being cheaper that restricted, but I'll take it. My flight to Europe went down four times (so far).

It almost sounded too good to be true....not having to pay right away and not incurring a penalty even if you cancel by final payment date. That's why I thought I'd check.

And good deal on your fare, BRANDEE. That tells me to keep watching the air price as well as the cruise price before final payment in October. Many thanks!

It almost sounded too good to be true....not having to pay right away and not incurring a penalty even if you cancel by final payment date. That's why I thought I'd check.

And good deal on your fare, BRANDEE. That tells me to keep watching the air price as well as the cruise price before final payment in October. Many thanks!

It does sound illogical & too good to be true but many times when I check flexible EZair it's a much better price. ;)

Most of my airfare searches include an international flight & we could have flown on non-stop flights this month from LAX to FLL and back from Europe for $660. However I've read posts that US domestic travel may not have the best prices. It's just one source we use when shopping for airfare but with flexible EZair not requiring payment when purchasing that's another factor we consider.

Are direct bookings with airlines covered too?

No...only Princess EZair is included & their insurance's cost is only based on the cruise fare without adding the EZair cost.

You would need another trip insurance policy for independently booked airfare.

Edited by Astro Flyer

No...only Princess EZair is included & their insurance's cost is only based on the cruise fare without adding the EZair cost.

You would need another trip insurance policy for independently booked airfare.

Thanks for confirming that.

We are thinking of using ez air for our Feb. 2017 cruise as our airline of choice has stopped flying to Ft. Lauderdale. Just want to make sure I am understanding how it works.

1. You don't pay for flight until cruise final payment?

2. Can cancel/change flight up to 45 days prior to flight?

3. Princess assumes responsibility to get you to ship in case of airline delay?

4. Are you able to pick your seats at booking?

5. Can you pay for bags at final payment, go to airline website or pay at airport?

We are thinking of using ez air for our Feb. 2017 cruise as our airline of choice has stopped flying to Ft. Lauderdale. Just want to make sure I am understanding how it works.

1. You don't pay for flight until cruise final payment?

2. Can cancel/change flight up to 45 days prior to flight?

3. Princess assumes responsibility to get you to ship in case of airline delay?

4. Are you able to pick your seats at booking?

5. Can you pay for bags at final payment, go to airline website or pay at airport?

Hi Mama......Yes to the first 4.....you can pay for your bags on the airlines website or at the airport.

Are you sailing on the CB to the ABC Islands, February 11th ?

Edited by blkspy

Hi Mama......Yes to the first 4.....you can pay for your bags on the airlines website or at the airport.

Are you sailing on the CB to he ABC Islands, February 11th ?

Thank you blkspy! I'm sailing Royal 10 day Feb. 28. The Princess air changes quite a bit daily! Not so much price but flight times. Seems hard to believe you can change it whenever you want up to 45 days prior. That's why I wanted to confirm. 😊

I got the flex ez air and could not book my seats because the fares were not paid for-I had to call AA direct and they placed a temp hold on seats that were available I chose over the phone-they are not booked till fares are paid in full

I got the flex ez air and could not book my seats because the fares were not paid for-I had to call AA direct and they placed a temp hold on seats that were available I chose over the phone-they are not booked till fares are paid in full

I think each airline has their own policy with EZair and seat selection.

I was able to select my own seats on Delta, British Air and Virgin Atlantic as soon as I booked them. I was also able to change them at any time on the personalizer EZair page. All this was before final payment.

I read another blogger who also stated AA would not let them choose seats until final payment. Haven't read anything about other airlines. Curious about JetBlue!

Edited by BRANDEE