Island Princess new cabin L721

Elite Dude

There is not much accurate information on the web about the new cabins that were installed on the aft of the Island Princess in 2015. Knowing this my wife and I felt adventurous and booked cabin L721, a Vista Suite, for a Panama Canal cruise in March 2016 and would like to share some information. It is a little bit different layout than I have seen in other Princess suites. It also has two separate balconies, one aft and one starboard. The cabin has its pros and cons. Pros: great views while going through the canal, long balconies, two sinks in the bathroom. Cons: a lot of shaking and rattling when traveling from Florida to the canal but very calm and quiet after that (I can’t figure that out), a tight fit for the table between the sofa and the TV (we moved the table out of the way). I have attached a link to a video tour I made of the cabin. I hope this helps many future cruisers.

The new cabins added in the 2013 refit are much more modern than the originals, that have beige cabinets...with small crystal pulls and shiny brass bathroom fittings. More 1980's than 2003 when the ship was built. We were in a full suite D703 (3/24/16 voyage) and the split bathroom with its 6 foot tall separating door did more than a little damage to my head. Additional issue with the Lido balcony cabins is that you can't use the balcony during the transit, but they give you a pass to The Sanctuary, as the cables for that secure the ship in the canal are against the side of the balconies. Was that so with your rear facing balcony? As for vibrations wonder if that was because during the first part of the trip to Aruba they were close to max cruising speed...after that they had plenty of time and were dogging it at 15 or so knots?

Edited by DougMacP

• 7 months later...
There is not much accurate information on the web about the new cabins that were installed on the aft of the Island Princess in 2015. Knowing this my wife and I felt adventurous and booked cabin L721, a Vista Suite, for a Panama Canal cruise in March 2016 and would like to share some information. It is a little bit different layout than I have seen in other Princess suites. It also has two separate balconies, one aft and one starboard. The cabin has its pros and cons. Pros: great views while going through the canal, long balconies, two sinks in the bathroom. Cons: a lot of shaking and rattling when traveling from Florida to the canal but very calm and quiet after that (I can’t figure that out), a tight fit for the table between the sofa and the TV (we moved the table out of the way). I have attached a link to a video tour I made of the cabin. I hope this helps many future cruisers.

Thanks for sharing this video! I notice the Sanctuary is above this suite. Were there any noise issues, such as scraping lounge chairs or from the teen center? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Kathy

Thanks for sharing this video! I notice the Sanctuary is above this suite. Were there any noise issues, such as scraping lounge chairs or from the teen center? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Kathy

We were in L-726 dead center. No noise from either.