Pacific Sun N611

karmac

hi Karen, glad you are another step closer to your cruise. We still do not have our tickets but am not worried just yet. It si always nice to have them in your hands.

there reason there is no tours listed for your other stops probably is because there are no proper tours just an island visit.

Kazza, the tour booklet gives info on all tours offered at all ports(including Fiji & Tonga).

Karon, there are tours available in some of the other places (they are in the booklet) but not on the booking form. I just assumed that meant you couldn't pre book & had to wait until on board.

Karen

Hi Karen and Kazza1,

I am also booked on the same cruise as of yesterday, after changing from Cruise N613. So a trip that was 7 weeks to go has suddenly become 4 weeks away.

There is myself, hubby and 16yr old daughter. We are all looking forward to it, but it is our first cruise, so other than reading up on the net speaking to other people, we still have many questions.

Any tips and hits etc would be much appreciated. Things like I know that Beach towels are provided, but should my daughter bring her snorkel gear, should I bring coat hangers. (Seems a funny question but so often you stay in places with a big wardrobe and 2 coathangers) and for a 16yr old that is not enough!!!

Thanks Suncoaster, Qld

Any tips and hits etc would be much appreciated. Things like I know that Beach towels are provided, but should my daughter bring her snorkel gear, should I bring coat hangers. (Seems a funny question but so often you stay in places with a big wardrobe and 2 coathangers) and for a 16yr old that is not enough!!!

Thanks Suncoaster, Qld

Snorkel gear is $30 to hire for the entire cruise with a $20 refundable deposit. We bought some Coat hangers to take with us on our last cruise there were about 10 in each wardrobe but have been less on other cruises so I would buy some cheap one's.

Hi Karen and Kazza1,

I am also booked on the same cruise as of yesterday, after changing from Cruise N613. So a trip that was 7 weeks to go has suddenly become 4 weeks away.

There is myself, hubby and 16yr old daughter. We are all looking forward to it, but it is our first cruise, so other than reading up on the net speaking to other people, we still have many questions.

Thanks Suncoaster, Qld

this is so not fair.

how come you keep getting people to join your cruise and no one on mine...

i am going to be so lonely.

BTW beach towel are provided free of charge

welcome. suncoaster

Hi Suncoaster and welcome to the boards.

Our last cruise was only 7 nights, 2 ports (should have been 11 nights, 6 ports) and it didnt seem long enough, so you have made a good cruise change:D .

So far there is 6 families (29 all up) from this Cruise Critic board.

You can hire snorkel gear (if they dont run out and I have heard that they do often) We took our own last cruise.

We are also taking some extra coat hangers.

I picked up our tickets and tour documents today. I believe it is 4 weeks away.

Kazza:)

I've just been and paid the difference in price, being as we transfered from a different cruise. Travel Agent said we should get our tickets about two weeks before we go. Hubby wants to know where do we put our ports (cases) in the cabin, and would it be a good idea if they all fit in each other when empty so take up less room. TA also confirmed that no alcohol is allowed to be taken on board as of mid-Jan.

Would not like to be sailing off the Qld coast at the moment, it is not nice..

Thank goodness for this board, I was feeling very down about the cruise from the mix up we had, but am now feeling much more positive, and am determined to have fun.

Thanks for the welcome,

Suncoaster

NO:( . The TA said we wouldn't get it until we board.

Karen

Karen

You should keep trying the Personaliser last cruise our cabin number was put on it approx 2 weeks before we sailed.

Nigel

Hubby wants to know where do we put our ports (cases) in the cabin, and would it be a good idea if they all fit in each other when empty so take up less room.

Your cases can go under the beds, they can also be stored next to the wardrobe but under the bed is best.:)

Welcome Suncoaster & glad to hear you'll be joining us. We are very excited & taking out 3 children (2 boys 15 &10 & 11 y.o girl). Booked 16 months ago so 4 weeks is nothing really:eek: .

Nigel, yes I do keep checking the CP, nothing as yet.

Kazza, you say 6 families? Can you list them, think I might have missed someone. Apart from all the people on here going on ours, I am also in caontact with a guy on the Fairstar website who is also going & he's in a group of 29.

Karen

I've just been and paid the difference in price, being as we transfered from a different cruise. Travel Agent said we should get our tickets about two weeks before we go. Hubby wants to know where do we put our ports (cases) in the cabin, and would it be a good idea if they all fit in each other when empty so take up less room. TA also confirmed that no alcohol is allowed to be taken on board as of mid-Jan.

Would not like to be sailing off the Qld coast at the moment, it is not nice..

Thank goodness for this board, I was feeling very down about the cruise from the mix up we had, but am now feeling much more positive, and am determined to have fun.

Thanks for the welcome,

Suncoaster

You can put your cases under the beds. My husband and I each took a large case and our 3 boys took their own bags. All 5 fitted under the 2 beds without putting them inside each other.

Glad that you are feeling more positive now. You will have a ball.

We went on our first cruise in June 05 and booked this cruise about 2 weeks after we got back. We found it to be the best family holiday we have had.

Kazza, you say 6 families? Can you list them, think I might have missed someone.

Karen

Kazza - group of 5

Shell - group of 3

James n Katrina - group of 4

Gyyp - group of 9

Suncoaster - group of 3

and yourself - group of 5

Kazza, you say 6 families? Can you list them, think I might have missed someone. Apart from all the people on here going on ours, I am also in caontact with a guy on the Fairstar website who is also going & he's in a group of 29.

Karen

Just had a look at your Fairstar cruise, what did you think of Samarai?

I went to Honiara and Samarai on my cruise.

Samarai9.jpg.3caacc65ffbdad947822557188c86617.jpg

Karen

Just had a look at your Fairstar cruise, what did you think of Samarai?

I went to Honiara and Samarai on my cruise.

Nigel

Loved Samarai. It just happened to be PNG's National Day the day we were there (16th Sept, I think). Very small as you would know. There was a soccer game between the natives & some Fairstar crew. We had a great day. Also enjoyed Honiara which just happened to be our first hot day on the cruise. A lot of burnt people around that night:eek: . When did you go there?

Karen

Kazza - group of 5

Shell - group of 3

James n Katrina - group of 4

Gyyp - group of 9

Suncoaster - group of 3

and yourself - group of 5

Hi Kazza, I realised as soon as I posted the message who I had missed. ......me:eek: How scary is that? But don't worry, I'll be there:p .

We need to work out a place & time to meet. Kazza & Gyyp, I think it's up to you as to the place as you have both been on the Sun before (Gyyp would have to be an expert by now:) ) and the rest of us are virgins.

Karen

Nigel

Loved Samarai. It just happened to be PNG's National Day the day we were there (16th Sept, I think). Very small as you would know. There was a soccer game between the natives & some Fairstar crew. We had a great day. Also enjoyed Honiara which just happened to be our first hot day on the cruise. A lot of burnt people around that night:eek: . When did you go there?

Karen

2nd April 89, 19 nights to Singapore, Amedee Island, Vila, Champagne Bay, Honiara, Samarai, Darwin, Bali and Singapore, stayed a couple of days then flew home, although we missed Amedee and Champagne Bay because we were sailing in really rough weather for 4 days and were running late.

Hi Kazza, I realised as soon as I posted the message who I had missed. ......me:eek: How scary is that? But don't worry, I'll be there:p .

We need to work out a place & time to meet. Kazza & Gyyp, I think it's up to you as to the place as you have both been on the Sun before (Gyyp would have to be an expert by now:) ) and the rest of us are virgins.

Karen

Probably best if we meet in the Gazebo, probably best on morning of day 2 as I'm first sitting your second, I think Kazza's first.

We might meet before we sail but I usually don't get there until 2:00pm.

What do you think?

Sounds good to me Gyyp. Just name the place & time & I'll be there. I knew the day we sail would be difficult with kids dinner & then the ones on 1st sitting then the ones on 2nd sitting. Could be midnight before we meet up:) . If everyone else is happy with Gazebo, day 2 (Mon 3rd) then it's fine with me. Let's say 11 o'clock (not too early for a drink then:D

What do you think Kazza, Shell, James & Katrina & Suncoaster?

Karen

2nd April 89, 19 nights to Singapore, Amedee Island, Vila, Champagne Bay, Honiara, Samarai, Darwin, Bali and Singapore, stayed a couple of days then flew home, although we missed Amedee and Champagne Bay because we were sailing in really rough weather for 4 days and were running late.

Hey Nigel, why not add your name to the cruise list on Fairstar website?

Karen

Hey Nigel, why not add your name to the cruise list on Fairstar website?

Karen

Been there for a long time, i've also been reading your posts on there as well. Have you got any photos of your cruise?

You might find that we may meet on the first night at Kids dinner or Kids club, as all groups (except suncoaster) have kids under the age of 13. That is what happened on our last cruise.

Gazebo is a nice place to meet. Thats were we went for a drink after we boarded last time.

Has anyone picked any tours that they might take yet?

Archived