Pacific Sun N611

karmac

Karen I would have thought it would be the other way around and that Val should have been worried about her daughter :)

Believe me, us mums worry about our sons as much as our daughters.:eek:

BTW Val, you have nothing to worry about, Alex is a nice boy (so people keep telling me!!)

Karen

we had early dinner, and still managed to watch us go out the heads. That is provided you leave on time. I wouldnt miss the sailaway from sydney for dinner. If late buy a pizza, you wont be disappointed

Thanks Kazza,

No, no tickets or tour brochures yet, but then it was only all finalised last Friday so I'm not too worried (yet). I was sweating on getting the passports done.

You reminded me of one question, does being on deck while sailing out of Sydney, coincide with dinner. (We have requested first sitting). and if so can we skip dinner and get something else to eat, as we would much rather be on deck for leaving, photos and just the experience! or am I hoping for too much. As long as the weather is good of course.

Do we sail under the Harbour Bridge as well?

Thanks Val

When you watch the ship via cruise cam (and it leaves on time) it is out past the heads before first sitting. It does coincide with kids dinner though.

Yes we do sail under the Harbour Bridge with approx. 3m to spare.

As kaseyoz said, dont miss sail away and get pizza if you miss first dinner. On our last cruise we missed sail away and was very disappointed and because our cruise was shortened and we had to disembark at New Zealand and fly home, we missed Sydney harbour again:(.

Kazza

Believe me Val, not everyone is under 30. DH & I are 45 :eek: and while I like a few drinks, Jim doesn't drink at all. I think you'll have a great time. I'm glad you have a teenager. I was getting a bit worried because all the one's I've read on here seem to have younger ones. James & Katrina have a daughter & neice the same age as my daughter & Kazza has a son the same age as my youngest son but I also have a 15 y.o son & was getting a little worried that there might not be any other teenagers on board. Although the fact that your teenager is a girl & mine is a boy, maybe I should be more worried:D

Karen

Geez, it sounds like i'm the geriatric, i'm 52 and I and my DW don't drink, but still have a good time otherwise I wouldn't keep going.

I haven't been on a cruise yet that hasn't had kids of all ages.

DH(52) is getting the cruise bug. He was reading about Vanuatu on the net (unusual for him as I am the researcher and reader, unless it is fishing). Now he is looking at his camera gear, so he is getting ready.

I'm sure we will all enjoy it, any holiday where there are no dishes to do and no rubbish to put out is great... let alone all the extras on a cruise.

Thanks everyone,

Val (not yet 50)!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Well, can you believe it? Only 6 more sleeps to go. I emailed P & O the other day about theme nights & got a rely today. They said:

2 formal nights

PJ party night

Island night

Fancy dress

Country & western night

Rock 'n' roll night.

Sounds like a pretty general answer to me but I guess we'll just have to wait & see. Will probably only dress for formal. island & C & W.

Anyway, we need to make a decision about when & where to meet just in case we don't meet by accident.

Someone suggested Gazebo.

Kazza, Shell, Gyyp, James 'n' Katrina & Suncoaster, how about we meet in the Gazebo at 11.00am on Mon 3rd? Let me know if it suits you all.

Look forward to meeting you (very soon:D ).

Karen

hmmm... I am pretty **** with timings. Hard to believe coming from and army boy. Anyhow I will attempt to be there.. If not I am cabin E110 which, if I remember correctly is right next door to you Karen. So feel free to leave a nasty gram on my door.

OOO getting close now..

I am cabin E110 which' date=' if I remember correctly is right next door to you Karen.[/quote']

There is a Karen in E109, but it is not Karmac, it is Kazza.:)

E109 (being an odd number) is on the other side of the ship.

Not long now:D

Kazza

hmmm... I am pretty **** with timings. Hard to believe coming from and army boy. Anyhow I will attempt to be there.. If not I am cabin E110 which' date=' if I remember correctly is right next door to you Karen. So feel free to leave a nasty gram on my door.

OOO getting close now..[/quote']

What a coincidence, we are also booked in that cabin. Can you let me know what it's like when you return. I know it's near the stairs & lifts, interested in noise factor.

Have a great time & look after that cabin for me, careful what you leave behind!

DOH... Getting them confused already..

It is going to be interesting.

Yes not long to go and I am still orgainising stuff. But almost ready.

Still trying to decide if I should try and smuggle on my 21yr old bottle of scotch. I was hoping to have one or two while getting ready for each evenings events. At A$160 a bottle I couldn't imagine what my bar tab would look like if i was to purchase that on board each night. That is all I want. It is not too much too ask is it???

I know everyone says they are watching the cruise cam. Well that is it, I plan to do some naked sunbaking. In front of the camera. Nobody is allowed to laugh when I am arrested. It is purely for your enjoyment, as everytime I have looked at the cruise cam - it looks rather boring.

Quoting Andrew Dice Clay " That's what I think !!"

DOH... Getting them confused already..

It is going to be interesting.

Yes not long to go and I am still orgainising stuff. But almost ready.

Still trying to decide if I should try and smuggle on my 21yr old bottle of scotch. I was hoping to have one or two while getting ready for each evenings events. At A$160 a bottle I couldn't imagine what my bar tab would look like if i was to purchase that on board each night. That is all I want. It is not too much too ask is it???

Good luck. Let me know if you get it on board. I'm still considering wrapping the bottle as a farewell gift & putting it in the luggage. At worst they will take it & hand it back when we get home.

Karon, I can't believe how fast it's gone. With just 42 hours to go it is just sooooooooooo exciting. I am almost packed. Have a busy day tomorrow with soccer & going out tomorrow night so I can just see I'll be up at the crack of dawn on Sunday (probably won't be able to sleep anyway). Will probably get on tomorrow or Sun morning but if I don't, have a great cruise Karon as of course you'll be gone when I get back.

Karen

Karon, I can't believe how fast it's gone. With just 42 hours to go it is just sooooooooooo exciting. I am almost packed. Have a busy day tomorrow with soccer & going out tomorrow night so I can just see I'll be up at the crack of dawn on Sunday (probably won't be able to sleep anyway). Will probably get on tomorrow or Sun morning but if I don't, have a great cruise Karon as of course you'll be gone when I get back.

Karen

Thanks karen, i will have to wiat until we get bck to hear about your ventures. Have a fantastic time will be thinking about you all

karon

Archived