PowerCube Original USB 2.0 - PowerCube - Touch of Modern

trbarton

I've found a Power Cube Plug that could be handy given the lack of plugs in the stateroom. It also has 2 USB sockets and is surge protected. It's available form "Touch of Modern" at $13.99. You can see it at https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/powercube-0ad1f96c-db34-47aa-9cbc-fcaaf4e451bd/powercube-original-usb-2-0.

image_zpsxoznmpfi.jpeg

image_zpslydooejt.jpeg

The sale ends Ends April 19th.

Tom:)

Edited by trbarton

Sorry to tell you this but you cannot use a surge protector on a cruise ship. You can use a power strip without a surge protector.

I use a surge protector on cruise ships all the time, both on Princess and HAL. Never had a problem.

I don't know if that would fit in the ships outlet anyway - the outlet is usually recessed in a circular depression if that makes sense. A standard plug would work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a 1 foot long extension cord that fits in those recessed outlets. Then we can plug anything in to the end of that extension cord. Works great.

That looks a very handy piece of kit.

I have heard here on on other threads regarding "Surge protectors" on extensions, looking to find if there is a policy on it by Princess, can't find anything ?

any photo's of the sockets were you can plug these in?

I use a surge protector on cruise ships all the time, both on Princess and HAL. Never had a problem.

I always carry a Belkin surge protector with I think three outlets and two USB.

Just because one "always" does something and nothing happens does not mean it is safe. Non-maritime rated surge suppressors can be a fire hazard.

There are lots of threads in this forum that discuss surge protectors. You'll find the crowd that is on the side of safety uses scientific facts to make their points (which is probably why many people just don't "get it") and those who want to use their surge protectors use hearsay and conjecture.

This thread is a good example: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236232

IMHO, safety at sea is much more important than discussing butter, formal nights, black card wavers, and so on ...

Edited by beg3yrs

I've found a Power Cube Plug that could be handy given the lack of plugs in the stateroom. It also has 2 USB sockets and is surge protected. It's available form "Touch of Modern" at $13.99.

Thanks but I just use a portable power charger for my cell phone and tablet.