Price Drop Guarantee

Weiland

My present TA doesn't honour price drops. I live in Canada does anyone have any recommendations for a TA that guarantees price drops.

Thanks Jack

Due to rules of the forum, nobody will be able to recommend a travel agent.

We are from the UK and find the best way to get price drop guarantees is from Celebrity! We have two cruises booked at present with price guarantees. One for October 2017 (guarantee expires December 2016) and another for March 2018 (need to check when that expires!).

So we are not promised late offers but we have booked the exact room we want (we are very room faddy) on each cruise...and we have had some security...Hopefully someone from Canada will enter the discussion re what generally is available from Celebrity and from TA's generally.

Hope you manage to find a good provider...

If a TA doesn't honor the price drop then I am guessing that they keep the price difference? I don't see it any other way not unless they gave the difference back to the cruise line. That I can not see happening. How do they stay in business? Are there a lot of TA that do business this way?

I know there is one TA in Miami that I came across that would only give a bottle of wine if I would transfer my booking to them. No thanks. I don't know if they would honor price drops because I never got that far with them. Would never ever use them.

Is that a blanket policy by this TA or did you just run into it this once? I ask because my TA explained to me that sometimes they aren't able to offer the price drop and also sometimes it isn't in my best interest. For example, I'm particular about cabin location and if I had taken a recent price drop I would have had to move to a guarantee.

If a TA doesn't honor the price drop then I am guessing that they keep the price difference?

Price drops don't just get applied to reservations automatically. It is not unheard if that TAs don't want to cancel and rebook existing reservations for lower price as it just causes them more work and reduces their commission.

Edited by Demonyte

I doubt that you will find a TA who will "guarantee" getting you any price drop. Even the guarantee from X is such that it generally won't apply and is only good for the 24 hour period immediately after booking. The next problem is that with all of the changing perks given with bookings now; it often happens that you find a lower price but with fewer perks and when you re-book the original perks are lost. Finally, there is the fine print that often appears: "new bookings only". You do need a TA who will try to get you the lowest price available, but don't be too disappointed if they are unsuccessful.

Dont think we get price drops at all in U.K.

:(

We do not get price drops by asking but we can if we had been given a 'price guarantee' when we booked. Comes up in offers often as, or soon after, new schedules are released.

You can if you're willing for forfeit the deposit you've paid and cancel and rebook. That's what I did when I sailed RCCL and now on my cruise for this summer. I did lose the original £300 deposit but still saved nearly £1000 on the price I originally had.

We are from the UK and find the best way to get price drop guarantees is from Celebrity! We have two cruises booked at present with price guarantees. One for October 2017 (guarantee expires December 2016) and another for March 2018 (need to check when that expires!).

So we are not promised late offers but we have booked the exact room we want (we are very room faddy) on each cruise...and we have had some security...Hopefully someone from Canada will enter the discussion re what generally is available from Celebrity and from TA's generally.

Hope you manage to find a good provider...

Hi,

We booked while on board last year, with the same, we could cancel & change our booking up to 2017. So far on our future booked cruise there has been 3 price drops, bringing our price down over £1,000 plus we have went from a balcony to Concierge class. Each time there was a price drop I contacted my TA, first they said I would lose my deposit, and obc. But I told her how I booked and phone Celebrity myself.. they honored the way I had booked. The last drop, my TA rang Celebrity twice and had no luck getting them to honour the booking saying I would loose the deposit & OBC but still come out on front! But I was not taking that, as it was not what we were told when booking, so I rang myself and once again it was honored. Basically, we could just cancel and re-book the same cruise with no penalty . There has been another drop yesterday... im just waiting on the TA opening tomorrow to get it changed. The money is better in my pocket than in Celebritys !!!:D

If it is before final payment date cancel and rebook with Celebrity. Your deposit is refundable. Don't know if your TA has a fee but they cannot keep your deposit.

We stay with Celebrity and have enjoyed many price drops.. of course you must find the price and call to request it. After final payment we have moved into better cabins at no cost and have moved for small fees. I like having the control and having an agent ( Celebrity) who is always available when I call.

Many like their TA and get an OBC. I did it once for $100. but I feel I get better service from Celebrity. If I see a price drop at 7am on a sunday I want the phone answered. Sometimes these sales are gone very fast.