Soda now allowed in bottles?

mimi7ccr

We brought plastic bottles of coke products in our carry on luggage last Oct 2015 when boarding in Galveston . I completely forgot about the new rule until we were already in line at the port .

Our luggage was opened and the soda bottles were checked' date=' we were let thru.

None were confiscated. We were allowed to go on the ship with our Cokes.

I do believe it depends on the ppl you have checking your luggage as to whether or not you'll be able to get keep your bottled sodas.

Since we were given clearance, I wasn't going to complain.

However, for our next cruise in May, I will not chance it.

I will be packing cans of soda (I always taken them out of the box and put them in my carry on luggage individually).[/quote']

Yeah the bottles don't get through in Galveston anymore. They were def looking. And loud about it. You could hear the security guys from other lanes asking people about their drinks and sending you to the tables to be checked. I knew there was a chance they would open our 12 packs so I made sure to pack them in my carry on roll on bag. It would have been a pain to actually be carrying on my carton and them tear it open like that.

We are boarding the Magic in Pt. Canavaral next Saturday and I just received a information sheet from our travel agent with some last minute reminders about our cruise. She said we may now take soda on in bottles, but max of 12 per person, 20 oz. or less. Has this changed from the cans only that was allowed before? We do prefer our Coke & Sprite in the plastic 16 ofr 20 oz. bottles as you can cap them back up and they don't go flat.

You got bad info.

I understand why they won't let you take bottles of water but it still makes me mad. The free bottle they give me know tastes like crap and I don't drink it. I prefer to take better tasting water and water is a necessity. I make due but I wish the bottle water Carnival gives you was a different brand.

We do not chance taking bottles, I am to cheap to take a chance on them throwing it away!

I understand why they won't let you take bottles of water but it still makes me mad. The free bottle they give me know tastes like crap and I don't drink it. I prefer to take better tasting water and water is a necessity. I make due but I wish the bottle water Carnival gives you was a different brand.

We do not chance taking bottles, I am to cheap to take a chance on them throwing it away!

I'm always amazed at this, regardless of what "brand" or "kind" you buy nowadays most bottled water comes from tap water in a some city. Municipal water that might be filtered again by the bottling company (or might be stated as so and still not be done) but many companies say "filtered" because the city water is filtered... not any extra filtering done by the bottling company. The bottled water Carnival uses is the same and goes thru testing to make sure nothing that would cause an odor or taste is in it.

Looks like the information says you can't take bottles on, however, we have always taken bottles on. Every port I have bought a bottle or 2 of diet coke and never had it taken away or even had anyone take a second look at it. Guess I will look for cans next time.

But how long ago was this?

Boarded the Magic in Galveston on the 3rd and they confiscated my 6 pack of 5 hour energy because it was in plastic bottles. They're pretty serious about it. I wasn't even thinking about the plastic bottles and I volunteered the information to them that I had it when they were checking my wine. It would have gotten on board if I hadn't told them about it.

I'm always amazed at this, regardless of what "brand" or "kind" you buy nowadays most bottled water comes from tap water in a some city. Municipal water that might be filtered again by the bottling company (or might be stated as so and still not be done) but many companies say "filtered" because the city water is filtered... not any extra filtering done by the bottling company. The bottled water Carnival uses is the same and goes thru testing to make sure nothing that would cause an odor or taste is in it.

You can be amazed all you want but many waters have mineral additives that change the taste of the water. I have a particular brand of spring water that does not have additives. If you look at the bottle of Carnival water I believe it has those additives or enhancements flavors that some waters have, probably to cover up their municipal water taste! I will find out for sure in 6 days and I will be a happy camper with the Carnival tap water or lemonade!

A few weeks ago while in port I walked back onto the Magic with a bottled soft drink in my hand. Security was watching me the whole time. I was waiting for and expecting them to stop me, but they didn't.

As usual, the application of any particular policy depends on the ship and/or employee. I would not try it at embarkation or with a package of bottles though.

You can be amazed all you want but many waters have mineral additives that change the taste of the water. I have a particular brand of spring water that does not have additives. If you look at the bottle of Carnival water I believe it has those additives or enhancements flavors that some waters have, probably to cover up their municipal water taste! I will find out for sure in 6 days and I will be a happy camper with the Carnival tap water or lemonade!

The bottled water is tested, analyzed and has nothing added to it... plenty of threads on here about it. Have a wonderful cruise!

Since the no bottle policy has been in place, I've been able to bring bottles of water or soda back on at port stops without a problem. I haven't tried to bring a case, but a few in my beach bag haven't been a problem.

Since the no bottle policy has been in place, I've been able to bring bottles of water or soda back on at port stops without a problem. I haven't tried to bring a case, but a few in my beach bag haven't been a problem.

Maybe they aren't as concerned about people sneaking alcohol in the water bottles in ports as they are when you first board the ship.

Last cruise was Jan 2015, did it change since then? I like the bottles, but not a huge deal either way.

Middle of July last year was when Carnival said No More to bottles of any kind (except for a wine/bubbly bottle) brought onboard at embarkation. For a while they did not allow anything to come aboard in ports of call ie cans or bottles but recently have changed that.