Table for two

Tyfani

We leave at the end of May on the Triumph. Right now we are scheduled for late dining.

The first Carnival cruise we did we were with a group and we sat with them. The second one we did we took our children and we were able to get Anytime Dining.

This time around it will just be my husband and I. Will we be able to get a table for two?

We leave at the end of May on the Triumph. Right now we are scheduled for late dining.

The first Carnival cruise we did we were with a group and we sat with them. The second one we did we took our children and we were able to get Anytime Dining.

This time around it will just be my husband and I. Will we be able to get a table for two?

You may want to email the MDR host staff with your request for best results.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Did you like Your Time Dining when you had it on your last cruise? I ask, because I have heard that if you are a couple and have Your Time Dining, more than likely you will be seated at a table for two. So you might want to switch to Your Time Dining for this cruise, if that is a possibility.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Sure. Just email the MD, and make your request.

I will say, thought, when I scan the room, the ones that seem to be having the least fun are those at a table for two. They just seem to sit there emotionless.

I get a charge out of people wanting a table for two. Sounds romantic yet in fact you are usually an elbow shot away from the next table for two:D

There are many reasons people want a table for two and it doesn't have to be because they think it is romantic (which is some cases it is). In could be:

1) they don't have someone sitting directly across from them who chews with their mouth open and it looks like they are suffering from nuclear poisoning and sounds like a cow eating its chud to the point of being grossed out;

2) having that mis-behaved child at your table that is so distracting you can't really enjoy your meal be cause they like to kick the table, your chair, climb under the table etc;

3) could be to avoid folks who passed the medical screening even though they look and sound like death warmed over and they are coughing and hacking away like there is no tomorrow;

4) perhaps they just want a table for two so they can order right away and not have to worry about table mates joining them;

etc etc etc

We had a table for two and really enjoyed it!

I love people, don't get me wrong.. DH says I talk to EVERYBODY...:D But when we are on a cruise we like and have always gotten a table for two ..until our spring break cruise last month. The Paradise is my favorite ship..but we ended up with late dining..couldn't change. Nothing was available because we booked so close to sailing. We never ate although we tried several times in the MDR..the maitre'd was so RUDE. One of the hostesses even apologized for him. Try ahead of time to email. I did love the MDR for breakfast.

I get a charge out of people wanting a table for two. Sounds romantic yet in fact you are usually an elbow shot away from the next table for two:D

For us its not about the space, we just prefer not being forced to converse with people we don't know. At a group table it would be awkward and rude for us to sit and ignore the rest of the table and just sit and whisper to each other and it would be very uncomfortable for us two introverts to try and make forced polite conversation with strangers.......

Every dining room is different. On the Pride there were a lot of booths and tables for two that were not two inches from the next table.

Thanks for the responses I will try to email. :)

If you take Your Time Dining then you will have no problem getting a table for two.

Unfortunately Anytime is a wait list now. I would prefer that. That is one thing I really liked about NCL. I wish Carnival would adopt it.

The best way to do it is with YTD. Last cruise we had early seating and I emailed the Maitre D about a table for two, no response. Then I asked John Heald on his FB page and he said he'd try, but still ended up at a table for four. I like having the same wait staff but I'm doing YTD from here on out.

Ask Heald.

Skip the middle man and email the maitre'd. I do before every cruise. Some times I get a response, sometimes I don't, (the Maitre'd's are not obligated to respond to emails), But I have ALWAYS, gotten what I requested.

We were YTD and always sat together. Obviously the tables are not 2" apart as someone misstated as you would never be able to reach the booth seat. The tables are about a foot apart, still not very private. We did meet a very nice couple next to us and became friends the rest of the cruise.

But I'm not forced to make small talk or wait o them.

We've ALWAYS had a table for two, then table for 3, and now for five.

Nothing, other than late dining, would upset up me more than being sat at a table with others. I don't travel to mingle or meet people. Family vacation!

I've always, on four cruise lines, gotten our request. On carnival, they fit three on a 2 top, on Rcl they created a new table for us (early dining)

For us its not about the space, we just prefer not being forced to converse with people we don't know. At a group table it would be awkward and rude for us to sit and ignore the rest of the table and just sit and whisper to each other and it would be very uncomfortable for us two introverts to try and make forced polite conversation with strangers.......

My feelings exactly! I don't like trying to make small talk with people I don't know.

That's a really great idea! Where can I find the correct email address to do that? I sail on the Triumph in June and may do that as well. I'm not an antisocial person, I just don't like making small talk with strangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Skip the middle man and email the maitre'd. I do before every cruise. Some times I get a response, sometimes I don't, (the Maitre'd's are not obligated to respond to emails), But I have ALWAYS, gotten what I requested.

Not the OP here but I have read several responses to "just email the maitre'd". How does one go about doing so? What is or where can the emal addresses be located? We're sailing the Fascination in 12 days and we to are on the YTD waitlist.