Are hiking sticks allowed on the ship ?

Good morning everyone,

Are hiking sticks like these allow to bring on the ship? Has anyone able to bring them on board without getting them confiscated? I would like to use them for hiking when we are on shore.

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products--8956-Anti-schock-Hiking/dp/B007YT854S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1460906580&sr=8-3&keywords=hiking+stick

Thanks

hmm. I would assume they would be okay, but if not, maybe you can arrange with security to have them hold it and you pick them up when you are about to disembark at a port?

don't they make collapsable ones now? maybe those would fold up small enough to just pack in your suitcase.

ours are solid wood, picked up on Mt Fuji.

StrikeEagle,

We do Nordic Walking and I do have collapsible sticks. My DH inquired with 5 cruise lines (using the regular support email). And RCI answered: No problem!

As spookwife said, the worst which could happen is that security will confiscate it for the duration of the cruise and you get them back after.

Actually I´ve never tried to take them with me.

steamboats

I hope so I just bought a pair, 26 inches when collapsed. I plan to use them at Acadia National Park in May. They have a case that I intend to use on embark day . I'm sure if I pack them they will want to tear apart my suitcase thinking that I have a weapon. I think it's better to just put them directly through the X ray machine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

StrikeEagle,

We do Nordic Walking and I do have collapsible sticks. My DH inquired with 5 cruise lines (using the regular support email). And RCI answered: No problem!

As spookwife said, the worst which could happen is that security will confiscate it for the duration of the cruise and you get them back after.

Actually I´ve never tried to take them with me.

steamboats

actually I know security will 'hold' objects like dive knives , golf clubs and other items and let you pick them up on your way off the ship. you will then turn them back in when you reboard.

I saw a lot of sticks, canes, etc on our last cruise.

I was going to say, I've definitely seen canes and sticks and the like on ships before. Don't think they're really any different so would be surprised they're not allowed or even confiscated. So long as they don't have a sharp point on the end I guess.

We use Leki sticks everytime we go hiking. Have taken them on a cruise one time in my suitcase no problem. They do typically have sharp points, but we cover ours with rubber feet, that we use when we are not doing anything very technical. Normal hiking trails the rubber feet are fine, but when you want to anchor into the ground to support yourself we remove the rubber feet.

JC