Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

s

Carla, tell Rodney John and I said, "Hi!":) He need to step it up a notch to compete with Johann!:):D

Rodney actually gave me a kiss on the cheek last night after the ceremony!! Unfortunately 😄😄😄, he is leaving Sunday👍🏻👍🏻

Carla

That was the only time I have ever seen that done. It was a very nice touch, and well-attended, if I recall. :)

Also had the special luncheon for Cruise Critic members on the repositioning of the Serenade from NO to Boston.

Car.a

s

Rodney actually gave me a kiss on the cheek last night after the ceremony!! Unfortunately [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1], he is leaving Sunday[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

Carla

Who is filling in for him, or is it permanent ?

John Denton - Hotel Director currently on Majesty. Great Hotel Director

I also enjoyed Johann on Brilliance last month. Very nice person and another great Hotel Director

Thanks for answering Sco**. Apparently the quotes got messed up. I used JD in my post to refer to John Denton - the epitome/quintessence of all hotel directors. Mike

Edited by Tagsalong

That was the only time I have ever seen that done. It was a very nice touch, and well-attended, if I recall. :)

I asked twice for mine on Liberty in October, never received it. Had to call C & A to have it shipped. I was supposed to get another one on my Anthem Cruise last week, need to call C & A again.

I like others on this board am still waiting for my Serenade Block from Feb!!! Funny thing about the Liberty block, we actually received it on our last cruise on Liberty 2 weeks ago. The LA kept forgetting about it and I had to pick it up at his office. I get on board Sunday and he says congratulations on your milestone, the Capt is going to present it to you at the Top Tier Party. Told him he already gave it to us, he says that's ok, the points just caught up (had been on a b2b2b) so we will present you with another one! In the past have always had the block left on our bed. It did makes us feel very special and appreciated having it presented.

Carla

I like others on this board am still waiting for my Serenade Block from Feb!!! Funny thing about the Liberty block, we actually received it on our last cruise on Liberty 2 weeks ago. The LA kept forgetting about it and I had to pick it up at his office. I get on board Sunday and he says congratulations on your milestone, the Capt is going to present it to you at the Top Tier Party. Told him he already gave it to us, he says that's ok, the points just caught up (had been on a b2b2b) so we will present you with another one! In the past have always had the block left on our bed. It did makes us feel very special and appreciated having it presented.

Carla

Forgot, what are the milestones for the blocks?

That's what we had on Enchantment. It was all done very elegantly and made

us feel very special indeed. :) LA later dropped off the framed picture and

certificate on our last night.

I'm going to miss Enchantment

They start at 140 points, and then every 70 points thereafter.

What exactly is this "block"?

I'm at 132 points currently, so, barring my booking any more cruises between now and then, I'll surpass 140 during my back-to-back on Jewel OTS in June/July 2017...

I'm at 132 points currently, so, barring my booking any more cruises between now and then, I'll surpass 140 during my back-to-back on Jewel OTS in June/July 2017...

It's a crystal block around 3 or 4 inches long with a picture and name of the ship on which you earned the milestone point etched inside:

IMGP0173.jpg

Remind the LA on your first week

We hit 140 points at the end of our 12-night Anthem cruise. Imagine our surprise when it showed up in our cabin around day 7. I guess they figured we were probably staying on for the entire cruise.

So glad I didn't have to call C&A about it. I think your "first" is special. It may be our only...[emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Liberty this week and next week. We were looking forward to seeing the new renovations. There are overv300 diamond/diamond plus members on board. The 1st few nights it was very crowded. We have to have our cards swiped for a drink. This is the new experiment. The suite lounge is decorated much better with seats and tables that are more functional. It was a disappointment that we as D+ no longer have the privilege of using both. That would have helped some of the over crowding. Another sign of what will be coming on the next cruise.

Bev

We hit 140 points at the end of our 12-night Anthem cruise. Imagine our surprise when it showed up in our cabin around day 7. I guess they figured we were probably staying on for the entire cruise.

So glad I didn't have to call C&A about it. I think your "first" is special. It may be our only...[emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our first was a surprise. Just showed up on our bed one afternoon. Now I have 6. :D

Hmmm....we're at 270 points and only have one block. We will "earn" the next one on Liberty in a few weeks. Oh wise ones - at one point during the cruise should I check with the LA? Don't want to do it too early in case they always show up at a certain time. Our first one was just in our room.

Hmmm....we're at 270 points and only have one block. We will "earn" the next one on Liberty in a few weeks. Oh wise ones - at one point during the cruise should I check with the LA? Don't want to do it too early in case they always show up at a certain time. Our first one was just in our room.

We asked early on our Liberty cruise. Had to remind the LA 3 times before it showed up in our room.

Sorry you missed 210

It doesn't hurt to just introduce yourself on first night and drop a subtle hint. ;)

It was great to get surprised the first time. After that, I want assurances.

Probably the reason you don't see many (any) people with lapel pins is that there are very few people wearing clothes with lapels anymore. However, I do see some wearing lapel pins, espeically the Diamond and Diamond Plus pins. If you speak to the Loyalty Ambassador, they can give you your pin.

But, there are plenty of men in tuxes, suits, and sport coats on formal night. About the only pins I saw on the Majesty in March was the ubiquitous American

flag pin.

It seems to me that a lapel pin can go on a windbreaker, any shirt with a collar, a hat, or the like.

:D Thanks for the laugh John. I think we missed 140 because we got 210 not that long ago. I'm quite adept at subtle hints so I will have fun plotting my agenda. ;)

You may end up there swapping your welcome aboard gift anyway.

We got the 350 block on Brilliance, but needed the points from an Enchantment cruise that ended 4 days earlier. I even had my sea pass card from Enchantment with me if needed. It all worked out.

s

Rodney actually gave me a kiss on the cheek last night after the ceremony!! Unfortunately , he is leaving Sunday

Carla

Do you know if Sanjay Kumar will be coming on-board to replace him while on vacation? Sanjay told us, when on the Vision, that he would have one contract on the Liberty. Just curious.

Edited by Tagsalong

Do you know if Sanjay Kumar will be coming on-board to replace him while on vacation? Sanjay told us, when on the Vision, that he would have one contract on the Liberty. Just curious.

Yes, I believe Sanjay is coming on. What is he like? Think he is the floater between the Freedom and Liberty.

Carla

Edited by golfpccc