empty cabin next door to you - ever?

Out of Iowa

Have you ever had an absolutely empty cabin next door to you?

Yes, I know. We are told "the ships always sail full." However, even if it's due to a conflict or flights missed due to weather, there must be empty cabins on occasion....

your experience with having no neighbors, please!

Yes, I know. We are told "the ships always sail full." However, even if it's due to a conflict or flights missed due to weather, there must be empty cabins on occasion....

Nope, never had it. Just trying to understand how or why this would matter. Would it really affect your cruise?

Quite honestly I don't recall if there was ever an empty cabin next to us. I never paid any attention to that. I do know that we cancelled once the night before our cruise due to a death in a family. Whether they filled that cabin or not, I don't know. We did get reimbursed by our insurance though.

Keys2Heaven, It won't matter....I'm simply curious.

If a cabin is vacant, that's one less for the steward and his staff to clean. Also, there would be absolutely no chance to hear young ones crying at bedtime from next door.

So often, the cabin neighbors are just like the stewards: ninjas!

Keys2Heaven, It won't matter....I'm simply curious.

If a cabin is vacant, that's one less for the steward and his staff to clean. Also, there would be absolutely no chance to hear young ones crying at bedtime from next door.

So often, the cabin neighbors are just like the stewards: ninjas!

I guess this is one of the reasons why we like booking aft balconies...lower incidence of crying babies or small children. Nothing against kids, we love them, but don't see a lot of families booking into these rooms.

I guess this is one of the reasons why we like booking aft balconies...lower incidence of crying babies or small children. Nothing against kids, we love them, but don't see a lot of families booking into these rooms.

We encourage families with young children to book aft balconies, our little grand kids prefer them. Keys2AftBalcony :p

OP, we have had empty cabins next to us, most often on Fantasy class inside cabins but twice on aft balcony Spirit Class ships.

Edited by AHS123

Yes, very quiet.

No. But I'm sure every cabin is not occupied.

Never had an empty cabin that I am aware of, but also never been bothered by the noise of a neighbor that I can remember.

This.

As far as aft balconies, my kids were booked in one last year with their aunt. And the cabin next door had a baby in it. So I would say kids stay all over.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk