Cooking classes

sunseeker1258

They have changed the classes quite a bit. They pair up in teams of two...as in the past, but now you don't eat what you fix. You had a glass or two of wine while you cooked and unlimited wine pours while you ate what you cooked in the Pinnacle. Now there is no wine while you cook and one small pour of either a white or red during lunch. You still get an apron and copies of the recipes. The atmosphere was more subdued. I won't do another one, but I will attend the cooking demonstrations instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They have changed the classes quite a bit. They pair up in teams of two...as in the past, but now you don't eat what you fix. You had a glass or two of wine while you cooked and unlimited wine pours while you ate what you cooked in the Pinnacle. Now there is no wine while you cook and one small pour of either a white or red during lunch. You still get an apron and copies of the recipes. The atmosphere was more subdued. I won't do another one, but I will attend the cooking demonstrations instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think a lot depends on the ship and the Chef running the class. We've been to many and they are all different. The best was when we got to choose off the Pinnacle lunch menu and the Chef was very involved in the class.

I agree that they are not as generous with the wine lately.

On longer cruises the atmosphere is often better, more fun, more relaxed, with more wine.

Personally, I don't see this as a class where you are going to actually "learn" much. An inexpensive fun shorex for many pax.