Ruby Princess disembarkation December 30

sydney princess

We are Australians booked in a Penthouse cabin on the 8 day Ruby Princess cruise Mexican Riviera leaving San Pedro port on December 22.

We are not able to do self disembarkation so will rely on our suite status to request early departure and luggage pickup. The ship arrives at 7am into San Pedro.

We are planning to organise a limo service to LAX to catch a flight to Honolulu.

There is a flight at 11.30 am. We will be flying first class.

Are we leaving enough time to catch the flight?

Many Thanks

We are Australians booked in a Penthouse cabin on the 8 day Ruby Princess cruise Mexican Riviera leaving San Pedro port on December 22.

We are not able to do self disembarkation so will rely on our suite status to request early departure and luggage pickup. The ship arrives at 7am into San Pedro.

We are planning to organise a limo service to LAX to catch a flight to Honolulu.

There is a flight at 11.30 am. We will be flying first class.

Are we leaving enough time to catch the flight?

Many Thanks

It will be a tight connection. The trip from San Pedro to LAX is around 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. You will be driving on a Friday morning, so expect it to be a tad longer.

Last time we had a 9 AM time slot for departure, were off the ship by 9:30 and the lines for customs were loooonnnnggg. We left the cruise port around 10:30 and were at the Airport by 11:30. If you are first class you will have to check in, get your boarding passes and through TSA.

I do walk off, for comparison - the last two times at San Pedro have got me to the car about 8:30-8:45. Immigration lines are shorter that early.

Friday morning will still be heavier traffic on the 405 until after 9am. You'll have a shorter F check-in line, but TSA lines can be long at LAX.

All in all - dosble, assuming everything operates as it should. I might be tempted to take a taxi from the que so I wouldn't end up looking for/waiting for a limo.

You will be fine. It's only 30 minutes to LAX. Besure to get priority first off the ship so you'll get through customs quickly before there are lines because the vast majority of passengers are Americans and you don't have to que with them.

I'm gonna be the voice of gloom here.

We had a December 18th disembarkation from the Ruby this year. We left the ship at 1:30pm and missed a 3:45pm flight from LAX, also in paid First.

Given that you have a suite, you should have a pretty decent disembarkation group, but even though this is a sailing with luggage assistance, I suspect the first five groups might be walk-off/self-carry. Combine this with your status as non-US nationals and I can see where this starts to go wrong, especially with an airline that enforces a check-in time for international flights. I'm less worried about traffic - there is reasonable route diversity to LAX from San Pedro.

I would also skip the limo and plan to use Uber Black so you have a larger pool of vehicles rather than hanging your hopes on a single vehicle. Some very highly regarded livery services have left passengers high and dry on the way back to the airport. With Uber Black, you can cancel a late-arriving ride and get a replacement on the way in seconds.

You will be fine. It's only 30 minutes to LAX. Besure to get priority first off the ship so you'll get through customs quickly before there are lines because the vast majority of passengers are Americans and you don't have to que with them.

Not true. Have you been on the 405 during rush hour on a weekday?

To the OP, that flight time is too tight....