Victory Cruisers that received the "beautification" email

pfleer

Hi everyone! We sail next week on the Victory out of Port Canaveral. We received the delayed boarding due to the beautification project. Letter states that boarding will be from 1:30-4 now. Curious if any cruisers this week or last week received that letter and if boarding really did begin that late or not.

Thanks!

Peggy

The letter that we received said for cruises starting on 4/24. Also read since that, the times are now 12:30-3:30pm for boarding and still leaving at 6pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by tilliebob1919

The letter we received for the April 10th sailing said to arrive between 11:30 to 2:30 - we had FTTF but no where was that mentioned in the email.

(copied from email)

" Also, and most importantly, if you have flexible travel plans, to ensure a smooth embarkation experience, we suggest you arrive at the cruise terminal for check-in between 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM.

We highly recommend that you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 4:00 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation."

The letter we received for the April 10th sailing said to arrive between 11:30 to 2:30 - we had FTTF but no where was that mentioned in the email.

(copied from email)

" Also, and most importantly, if you have flexible travel plans, to ensure a smooth embarkation experience, we suggest you arrive at the cruise terminal for check-in between 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM.

We highly recommend that you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 4:00 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation."

Probably because the project doesn't start affecting boarding times until this Sunday 4/24:)

I'm Lost ,...What is the "Beautification" project??? Is it the ship, or the port, or exactly what,....is it that's being "Beautified"?

The ship. Kinda odd as she just had a dry dock last year. Maybe they didnt have time to do all they wanted to do?

I hadn't received an email, but I haven't had any communication at all from Carnival or the Travel Agency that we had gone through for our first cruise.

I did download a copy of my cruise documents after I filled all the check in information and was startled to see that the times had changed.

The Faster To The Fun that we signed up for is still listed as 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM on Carnival's website, though the Booking Summary has 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Now we are leaving at 6pm and arriving at 6am, will they be kicking us off the ship earlier? I booked transportation, after reading tons of reviews here on Cruise Critic and am worried my wife and I will be sitting at the curb waiting for the shuttle instead of hanging out on the ship. And not that I would really notice those 4 "extra" hours that I am losing, I feel a bit ripped off.

Edited by Suicine

Now we are leaving at 6pm and arriving at 6am, will they be kicking us off the ship earlier? I booked transportation, after reading tons of reviews here on Cruise Critic and am worried my wife and I will be sitting at the curb waiting for the shuttle instead of hanging out on the ship. And not that I would really notice those 4 "extra" hours that I am losing, I feel a bit ripped off.

Suicine - Yeah, I got the same change to my departure time, and feel a little bit ripped off also, but do not worry about the next port destination arrival time. You will not not be kicked off the ship, in fact, you never have to get off the ship if you choose.

Not sure of your first port stop, but you do not have to get off the ship until you are ready to catch your shuttle.

Here is the biggest first night impact because of this late departure change --

I have seen this last-minute late departure change for a couple cruises and it REALLY affects the dining room schedule. We will still have to attend the mandatory safety drill, which will probably be close to 6:30-7, so all those early diners will not get to the dining room until 7:30-ish. This now backs up the cooks/wait staff for the second seating diners. I've already decided on Lido Buffet for Night 1, but unfortunately many others will choose the same so it will be crowded.

My advice is, once you cross the gangway onto to the ship, take a deep breath and forget about the land behind. It will all work out great if you have the right attitude. I have sadly seen too many cruisers that spent more time at the Guest Services Desk (Purser's) complaining than anywhere else on the ship during the entire cruise.

I hope that you and your wife have a fantastic cruise!

Suicine - Yeah, I got the same change to my departure time, and feel a little bit ripped off also, but do not worry about the next port destination arrival time. You will not not be kicked off the ship, in fact, you never have to get off the ship if you choose.

Not sure of your first port stop, but you do not have to get off the ship until you are ready to catch your shuttle.

Here is the biggest first night impact because of this late departure change --

I have seen this last-minute late departure change for a couple cruises and it REALLY affects the dining room schedule. We will still have to attend the mandatory safety drill, which will probably be close to 6:30-7, so all those early diners will not get to the dining room until 7:30-ish. This now backs up the cooks/wait staff for the second seating diners. I've already decided on Lido Buffet for Night 1, but unfortunately many others will choose the same so it will be crowded.

My advice is, once you cross the gangway onto to the ship, take a deep breath and forget about the land behind. It will all work out great if you have the right attitude. I have sadly seen too many cruisers that spent more time at the Guest Services Desk (Purser's) complaining than anywhere else on the ship during the entire cruise.

I hope that you and your wife have a fantastic cruise!

I think when he mentions getting kicked off the ship early he means when we arrive back in PC, not the first port of call. The letter I got says we get back to PC at 6:00am instead of 7:00am.

Hi everyone! We sail next week on the Victory out of Port Canaveral. We received the delayed boarding due to the beautification project. Letter states that boarding will be from 1:30-4 now. Curious if any cruisers this week or last week received that letter and if boarding really did begin that late or not.

Thanks!

Peggy

Is anyone really going to wait that long to go to the port?

We're renting a car from the airport and going to have breakfast at Grills. Gonna try and keep an eye on the port and judge when we can head over. I'm hoping we can get there and checked in between 11:30 and 12.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone heard any details about the "beautification" project?

I'm dying to know!

As we were debarking last week, we caught glimpses of other cabins and I know one of the things that was updated in many cabins (not ours) was the bathroom. The pink sink and 1x1 tiles have been replaced with a blue sink and blue 4x4 tiles. This is good since the grout was pretty gross looking.

That's good! I hope they get everything replaced before our cruise next August. That's far enough away they should. I wonder how on earth they can do tile work that fast though on turn around day. The mastic to lay tile has to dry for a day usually and then the grout has to dry.

We were on the May 1st cruise. They allowed you in the terminal to check in and all had to wait til almost 1:30pm. We did not leave the port til almost 8pm due to a semi trailer that was late delivering "beautification project" supplies that according to the captain were very necessary to have on board to continue the cabin refurbishments. This is something needed badly. Our cabin, 1346, was on the shabby side. Drape on the ov window was not hung correctly nor could it be because some hooks were broken and some missing. Lot of built up dirt or rust in several areas, tv was so old and could hardly see anything on it because the screen was so dark. The rug was mostly frayed and discolored. Some cabin areas were closed off but no public areas. My opinion....Victory needs to go into dry dock and be done completely over not like this "on going beautification project". Had a great time overall for our 45th wedding anniversary just disappointed in the shape/condition of the ship.

I'm sailing on 7/7 and haven't gotten any email, so I'm guessing it will be done by then. I'm actually planning on getting to the pier later though this time to avoid the crowds and hopefully just be able to get on without a wait as I didn't bother with FTTF (on a 3 day cruise? no way). Possibly around 1:30-2:00.

• 3 weeks later...

We're sailing on the Victory on June 5th, haven't received a beautification email yet saying boarding is delayed. Is it possible the project will be done by then? How close to the cruise departure date did others receive the notice?

Thanks for any info you can provide.