WOW......This is a deal?? Moral: Be Careful

Recently started looking at a cruise from Baltimore on in Nov/Dec. 2016 and priced the cruise for approx. $1000 pp in an OV cabin on one travel booking site.

THEN, I discovered a GREAT OFFER I got by email for a BOHO (Buy one full price get second person half off) deal on another site that included gratuities and shipboard credit...........WHAT A DEAL..........until I looked at the details.

The second site DOUBLED the fare for the first traveler, had the same price for the second as on the first site I looked at and the Total for a total of about $500 MORE for the Total Cost of the cruise for 2 people when you add up all the "freebies".

THIS is a deal???? SO!..........be careful and have your TA do the looking if you don't want to.

Your better off booking right away. You can always take advantage of any "sales"

that may come up as long as you haven't paid final payment yet. I recently just saved 175$ for our cruise in April and 90$ a few months ago. Just call RCL or travel agent they will rebook it at new price

Recently started looking at a cruise from Baltimore on in Nov/Dec. 2016 and priced the cruise for approx. $1000 pp in an OV cabin on one travel booking site.

THEN, I discovered a GREAT OFFER I got by email for a BOHO (Buy one full price get second person half off) deal on another site that included gratuities and shipboard credit...........WHAT A DEAL..........until I looked at the details.

The second site DOUBLED the fare for the first traveler, had the same price for the second as on the first site I looked at and the Total for a total of about $500 MORE for the Total Cost of the cruise for 2 people when you add up all the "freebies".

THIS is a deal???? SO!..........be careful and have your TA do the looking if you don't want to.

The 'deals' are often based off of the RCCL retail rate, which almost no one ever pays. The 'deals' are meant to make people feel an urgency to book immediately rather than shop around.

I usually book via RCL so that I can get the cabin # and price. Then, during the 60 days grace period, I look for the various promos & sales from my TA and if good I call them to confirm the promos and if acceptable, I transfer from RCL to the TA. Just transferred my August '17 Brilliance cruise and got $325 in obc, plus used one of my old NCC and got an add'l $150 in obc. This I can use because it's a 12 nite Mediterranean and the tours are quite expensive.