How will we like Princess?

mamamzee

The ship wasn't the problem and our mini suite was great. Much of the crew was not happy and it showed. The expeditions were so messed up they refunded money on our most expensive one. We canceled others because there was always some problem and there was no communication with guests at all. Guests were yelling at crew and crew were yelling at guests. I've never seen anything like it. Even Elite passengers were constantly complaining. I thought the ship was beautiful. It was just not a good deal for the money and a very bad experience. I know Princess has been in business 50 years so they have to be doing something right. We just couldn't find it in our 10 days on board. I've scratched Princess off of my cruise list.

Very unusual but we have never been in that situation with Princess.

The ship wasn't the problem and our mini suite was great. Much of the crew was not happy and it showed. The expeditions were so messed up they refunded money on our most expensive one. We canceled others because there was always some problem and there was no communication with guests at all. Guests were yelling at crew and crew were yelling at guests. I've never seen anything like it. Even Elite passengers were constantly complaining. I thought the ship was beautiful. It was just not a good deal for the money and a very bad experience. I know Princess has been in business 50 years so they have to be doing something right. We just couldn't find it in our 10 days on board. I've scratched Princess off of my cruise list.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's interesting to read. We were on the Coral last year and everyone was commenting on the grumpy and disorganised crew. Often the Cruise Director sets the tone for the 'vibe' on the ship and the Head of Customer Services and Housekeeping of course. It tends to flow down through the ranks the longer those two positions are filled by unpopular personalities.

We have done 3 Celebrity cruises, 1 HAL, 1 Carnival, and 2 Disney. We liked them all , even the Carnival on an old ship. So, we are easy to please. We like to eat, relax, drink wine, play trivia and see most of the shows, and talk with people.

What do you think we would like about Princess? Any ships to avoid?

We have to base our opinion on Celebrity Eclipse & Regal Princess.

1)Food. We find the food to be better on the Eclipse(much better in the specialty rest.)Regal's buffet is more interesting & varied than Eclipse. Desserts (except Norman Love) are quite boring on the Regal. Too much use of "mass" produced dessert ingredients. My spouse is a CIA pastry chef, so trust me I'm spoiled. Overall food on Regal was good, just not quite to the level of the Eclipse. Regal restaurants have no real "wow" factor. Specialty rest. were better, but not by much over what is served in the MDR. Seafood on the Regal is generally excellent to at times outstanding. Only the Eclipse specialty rest. have better seafood(Dover Sole etc.)

2)Cabins: We've done only inside on both Celebrity/Princess. Regal Princess has MUCH better layout for storage. That's where advantage ends. Eclipse bathroom FAR superior to Regal. Enclosed glass door in shower prevents water from getting on floor. Bath towels on the Regal were horrid!! Like something from a crappy Econolodge. Very rough & much smaller than ANY towels we've had on either Celebrity or Cunard. Checked the ones in the balcony cabins. Found them to be the same. Hope they are better on other Princess ships. Seeing standard balcony cabins on both ships overall Only the bathrooms on Eclipse are better. Mini suites on Regal are quite nice. nothing quite like them on Eclipse. Prices are better as well. Suites are better on Celebrity/HAL/Cunard. You get FAR more amenities, up to & including Butler service on celebrity/HAL/Cunard. Princess suites are the SAME price overall as the other lines. I feel you get kind of screwed by Princess for that.

3 )Entertainment: Surprisingly small main theater on Regal for a ship it's size. Precludes any real elaborate shows. Musicians,singers etc. were excellent. As good as any we've seen elsewhere. Vista Lounge was nice, but no view over the bow of the ship! Really strange.

4)Overall ship: Regal has much beautiful use of Granite/Marble. Really stunning. Piazza is a great central entrance to the ship. Really nice. Eclipse has MUCH nicer elevators & a staircase in middle of the ship if you wish to avoid elevators. No middle stairway causes lots of backups at elevators. Solarium is nice on Eclipse. Very quiet & peaceful. Sanctuary on Regal is outstanding, but it's NOT free. Still a mega soft Lounger for $40 a day($20/half day)is worth it. You get healthy bites to eat & tea service in the afternoon for the price paid. DO BOOK EARLY!! it fills quick.

5)Staff: Princess has the nicest staff we've seen anywhere. We may go back simply for their kindness & professionalism, which is second to none!

6)Overall: I think anyone should have a good to very good trip on the Regal. Just avoid Superbowl week. Really trashy pax on board that week. Hope this(sorry long winded review)helps you out!

We have to base our opinion on Celebrity Eclipse & Regal Princess.

1)Food. We find the food to be better on the Eclipse(much better in the specialty rest.)Regal's buffet is more interesting & varied than Eclipse. Desserts (except Norman Love) are quite boring on the Regal. Too much use of "mass" produced dessert ingredients. My spouse is a CIA pastry chef, so trust me I'm spoiled. Overall food on Regal was good, just not quite to the level of the Eclipse. Regal restaurants have no real "wow" factor. Specialty rest. were better, but not by much over what is served in the MDR. Seafood on the Regal is generally excellent to at times outstanding. Only the Eclipse specialty rest. have better seafood(Dover Sole etc.)

2)Cabins: We've done only inside on both Celebrity/Princess. Regal Princess has MUCH better layout for storage. That's where advantage ends. Eclipse bathroom FAR superior to Regal. Enclosed glass door in shower prevents water from getting on floor. Bath towels on the Regal were horrid!! Like something from a

crappy Econolodge. Very rough & much smaller than ANY towels we've had on either Celebrity or Cunard. Checked the ones in the balcony cabins. Found them to be the same. Hope they are better on other Princess ships. Seeing standard balcony cabins on both ships overall Only the bathrooms on Eclipse are better. Mini suites on Regal are quite nice. nothing quite like them on Eclipse. Prices are better as well. Suites are better on Celebrity/HAL/Cunard. You get FAR more amenities, up to & including Butler service on celebrity/HAL/Cunard. Princess suites are the SAME price overall as the other lines. I feel you get kind of screwed by Princess for that.

3 )Entertainment: Surprisingly small main theater on Regal for a ship it's size. Precludes any real elaborate shows. Musicians,singers etc. were excellent. As good as any we've seen elsewhere. Vista Lounge was nice, but no view over the bow of the ship! Really strange.

4)Overall ship: Regal has much beautiful use of Granite/Marble. Really stunning. Piazza is a great central entrance to the ship. Really nice. Eclipse has MUCH nicer elevators & a staircase in middle of the ship if you wish to avoid elevators. No middle stairway causes lots of backups at elevators. Solarium is nice on Eclipse. Very quiet & peaceful. Sanctuary on Regal is outstanding, but it's NOT free. Still a mega soft Lounger for $40 a day($20/half day)is worth it. You get healthy bites to eat & tea service in the afternoon for the price paid. DO BOOK EARLY!! it fills quick.

5)Staff: Princess has the nicest staff we've seen anywhere. We may go back simply for their kindness & professionalism, which is second to none!

6)Overall: I think anyone should have a good to very good trip on the Regal. Just avoid Superbowl week. Really trashy pax on board that week. Hope this(sorry long winded review)helps you out!

I cruise ever year during the Super Bowl and met some of the classiest people that DON'T call pax TRASHY. You must be very special???

I cruise ever year during the Super Bowl and met some of the classiest people that DON'T call pax TRASHY. You must be very special???

Not at all! Sorry, but if you feel pax at night dressed in bathing shorts & wife beater "T" shirts strolling about the ship isn't trashy, that's your problem. We did Celebrity on Superbowl week in 2014 & sorry I didn't see that style of dress. Were there a few? Yes, I'm sure, but no where near the amount I saw on Feb.7-14 on the Regal. Yet Feb.14-21 was a totally different crowd.